She watched Stilinski's face for a reaction, an indication as to whether he smelled her lie of omission. She got nothing. He returned her stare, expression unchanging.

"I understand you are staying with a Chris and Allison Argent?"

Oh no. Lydia paused, her lips already parted, hastily sucking in a small breath. She couldn't answer this.

Opposite her, the deputy's eyebrows climbed his forehead - the first reaction he had to her since they'd entered the interrogation room. He separated his hands, which had until then been clasped loosely in front of him, long fingers interlocked, and lay his forearms flat on the table, leaning forward as he did.

"Miss Martin," Stilinski said, voice soft but firm, "Allison Argent was kidnapped last night. Did you know about this?"

Lydia lowered her head, desperately avoiding eye contact.

"Miss Martin," the deputy's voice persisted, "if you know something, you need to tell us."

The second time the trio made their way back through the station, Lydia trailed behind the two police officers, speed-walking to keep up. Clark and Stilinski took long strides ahead of her, Clark yelling orders to some other deputies, while her partner waved around a ziplock bag containing Lydia's phone. He nearly took the head off the officer instructed to download and print the chilling image from the previous night. He then proceeded to drag her into a quieter corner of the station.

Lydia watched the two officers stare down each other as the rest of the station bustled behind them.

"You can't be serious about this," the older officer said, arms folded.

The deputy responded by rolling his eyes - and his entire head along with them, arms flailing in an exasperated gesture that to Lydia, read we've been through this.

Sergeant Clark, too, understood. "I know what you're thinking," she told Stilinski. "I know what you plan to do, and just because you and your friends like to get involved all the time doesn't mean other people do."

The male officer sighed and ran his hands through his hair. "She's not just 'other people'," he replied, motioning towards Lydia. "You know about me. And my friends. You know about us. Please." His voice took on a pleading tone towards the end.

Clark pursed her lips, and Lydia took the opportunity to pipe up. "Can I ask what's going on now?" she questioned meekly.

Both officers turned towards her, then back to each other. There was another stand off, until Clark's shoulders dropped. "Fine," she relented. "But remember I won't be responsible for your bringing a civilian into this." She turned to Lydia. "Stilinski thinks you might be able to help us find Miss Argent...and some other missing persons."

"Thanks Clark," Stilinski said softly as his senior strode past him. When he looked back at Lydia the initial pleading look in his eyes had been replaced with one of excitement. "Come on," he said.

He pulled her by the wrist across the main working area in the station until they stopped next to an alcove built into the wall, like those pull-out sliding boards found in small craft stores. Except those in the station were not floor-to-ceiling, but instead boards of various sizes and types, mounted on wheel stands.

"Okay," Stilinski started, pausing to catch his breath. "The first thing you need to know is that the Nemeton has been linked to several cases before. Some seem to be related, others not so much.

Like a long time ago, there was this arsonist - burned down a huge family home. She used the speed-dating service to meet both her victims and accomplices without drawing attention." The young man paused and made a face. "Yeah, weird I know. You wanna know what the woman's name was?"