She took a deep breath, hoped she was putting on a convincing smile, and opened the door...

One of the officers did a double take when she pulled he door about halfway open (she still was not sure she wanted to risk being seen with policemen, just in case). He had an arm poised to press the doorbell again when he spotted her in the doorway and quickly jerked away. He was tall, at least a head taller then her, with dark hair looking like he had just buzzed it a few months ago, but was quickly growing out.

His companion rolled her eyes at his behavior and stepped forward, pulling her ID out in one swift motion.

"Lydia Martin?" the woman asked.

Lydia managed a nod.

The woman held up her ID. "Miss Martin, I'm administrative sergeant Clark, and this is deputy Stilinski," she paused as the other officer, Stilinski, held up his ID, before continuing, "We're here to bring you in for questioning about some missing persons."

Lydia stared at the back of Clark's headrest throughout the drive to the Beacon County Sheriff's Station.

Missing persons, the female officer had said. Lydia tried to decode what that meant. Was Allison not the only victim? Perhaps Allison was not in the equation at all, not until they said her name specifically, at least.

She was aware of Stilinski watching her from the shotgun. It started off with him just glancing back about every ten seconds. Eventually he just shifted in his seat until he was angled towards her as much as the seatbelt allowed him to be.

"We're not arresting you," he tried to assure her at one point. "Not yet."

They lead her into the station like a small procession, Stilinski in the front, Lydia in the middle, Clark behind her. Officers looked up from their desks as she passed by, watching her intently. She didn't meet their eyes. It did not help that the first one she saw was Jordan - ahem, officer Parrish.

She was lead through the station down a narrow corridor. Light came through the large window of a room down the hall. Lydia presumed it was an interrogation room and the destination intended for her. She was not wrong.

"Ladies first," Stilinski told her, stepping back to allow her entry. Lydia rolled her eyes, unamused. "Feel free to take a seat," he continued, undeterred.

Lydia sighed and pulled her chair out. The metal legs screeched against the floor. The sound made her cringe internally.

Stilinski dragged his chair out and sat down across the table from her, unfazed by the even louder noises his chair made. Lydia looked around for Clark, spotting the woman standing guard next to the door.

She turned back to the male deputy who was rubbing his hands together like a youngster getting himself hyped up. Except when Stilinski's eyes met hers, they were serious and judging. She felt as if he were trying to pry open her mind.

It's just a cop tactic, she told herself. He's trying to unnerve you.

"Miss Martin."

Fuck, he's succeeding. The last time she had been this nervous was when she'd gone for her post-grad admissions interview.

"Miss Martin, you were at the Nemeton club last night, am I correct?"

Lydia swallowed. "Yes."

"Can you tell me where you were and what you did before, during and after that?"

People's heart rate sped up when they lied. Lydia wondered if the two officers could hear hers. "I went out for dinner at The English Village before heading to the club. I tried the speed dating service and partied for a while before leaving. After that I went straight home."