What Do You Fear?

~*~Masami~*~

Short black hair and dilute blue eyes.

There is honestly nothing special about her.

She is not a great ninja, she has an average amount of friends, and is adored by most boys her age for her attractive features.

But maybe she's not even that attractive.

Does she care? Not particularly.

Does it matter? Not nessisarily.

Should it matter? Maybe.

"Masa you coming?" Shikamaru's voice inturrupted her thoughts.

Her unbothered expression remained stationary as she opened the door to be greeted to her lifeless friend.

"It's such a drag waiting for you."

"This is the first time you have, stop being so annoying" she walked up to him as he raised an eyebrow.

"I'm not being annoying, just telling you to hurry up from now on." Shikamaru stated as they both started walking away from Masami's house.

"Huh, from now on?" Masami asked nearly unbothered.

"Well yeah, i was thinking we just walk together from now on to the academy. I mean there's no point us going separately when we live next door." Shikamaru calmly planned.

"Ok I'm cool with that, you can protect me from all the boys then."

"Yeah what's up with that?" Shikamaru asked, refering to the incident last month when Masami was being chased by two boys who were trying to ask her out.

Masami eventually beat them senseless and had Shikamaru explain to their mums what happened.

"I dunno. It's cause I'm new here. Like I told you, I'm not that pretty I'm just a new face around here that desperate boys must apparently get a hold of." She shrugged stretching her arms as the academy came to view.

"You shouldn't underestimate your looks Masa you could use them to your advantage." Shikamaru thought.

When they reached the front door they both stopped.

"In what way?" Masami asked intrigued.

"To get good grades" Shikamaru suggested opening the door.

"That's gross. I'm 8 years old, and so are you!" She lightly punched him.

"I know I'm just kidding around Masa" Shikamaru lightly chuckled putting his arm around her neck.

Masami signed as she rolled her eyes and tiredly let a smile shape her petite face.

"Which room do you think it is?" Shikamaru wondered as Masami relaxed her head on his shoulder as they walked.

"I don't know and honestly don't care..this is gonna be so boring" she loudly sighed.

"Ooooooo Shikamaru is this your new girlfriend??" Ino cutely asked behind them, causing them both to turn around.

They both raised an eyebrow at her and what seemed the little pinkette Sakura who stood surprised, right next to the overly confident Ino.