THE FINAL CHAPTER

'Of course, Brad immediately rose extending his hand to assist her up.

After her shower, Tessa changed into comfortable slacks and a loose fitting top. Brad smiled adoringly and reached out his hand to her. Tessa happily laced her hand through his as they walked to the kitchen. Brad was about to open the door, when Tessa stopped him, overhearing an heated exchange.

'She only trapped Mr. Blakely into marriage to get to his wealth, I bet,' Lauretta accused.

'Mrs. Blakely was brought up in wealth.  She lacks nothing!' Bentley defended in a strained voice.

Tessa and Brad exchanged curious looks.

'So she's a spoilt little rich girl born with a silver spoon in her mouth.'

'Let's put an end to this,' Brad's tone was angry.

Tessa stopped Brad, signalling with a finger to her lips.

'Are you aware Mrs. Blakely is a qualified, practicing corporate attorney? She's not only beautiful, but very intelligent and Mr. Blakely deserves the best.

'I do.' Brad grinned, stealing a kiss from her lips. Tessa smiled and kissed him back.

'Hmph! She used her beauty to trap Mr. Blakely.'

'How is it you get fan mail, and I get the hate mail?' Tessa whispered.

'I will have you know Lauretta,' Bentley's voice was soft but firm, 'that Mrs. Blakely this morning single handedly rescued the International and secured an extension of the contract for the Global Finance as well.

'Darling, good heavens! Is that true?' Brad's eyes were filled with pride. Again Tessa placed her finger on her lip.

'Hurry up with that tea and leave,' Lauretta instructed. 'Remember you're fired. Don't be expecting lunch.'

Tessa pushed the door open, their hands still entwined together. She caught the elated pleasure in Bentley's eyes, though he said nothing.

'Brad can you take me to the boutique tomorrow morning? I need a new evening gown.' Tessa spoke dramatically. The expression died on Bentley's face, as Lauretta directed an "I told you so," glare at him.

'Sure darling, we'll leave after breakfast,' Brad played along.

'Bentley I thought you left already,' Tessa smiled. 'We're just about to have lunch, why don't you join us?'

Bentley's eyes shifted nervously to Lauretta. He could stand up to his boss, but he seemed to fear the Lady of the Manor.

'Tomorrow morning, I'd like you to show Brad the contract that's awaiting his signature,' Tessa smiled, 'then you must bring him back to me by ten. I shall take a drive and spend a leisurely few hours in the gym.'

'There's a gym right here Mrs. Blakely,' Bentley took the liberty and pulled out a chair for himself.

'Shall I serve lunch in the dining room Mr. Blakely?'

'It's nice and cozy here in the kitchen,' Tessa answered, looking around at the very modern setup with every conceivable fancy appliance on display. It looked lovely, warm, well used and homely. Deliberately, Tessa avoided looking at Lauretta, so she missed the deathly glare directed at her.

'Mr. Blakely, you have been hanging around here the entire week. Shouldn't you spend some time at the office?'

Bloody hell, even I wouldn't dare speak to my husband in that manner!

'Darling if you will be spending the day at the office, can you leave your credit card with me.'

'Sure honey,' Brad removed a black plastic card from his wallet and handed it to Tessa. 'I will call the bank to clear it.'