Ch 37: Forgotten Pain

(Still in Memory/ Dream Mode)

~MEANWHILE WITH KANAME AND ALEXIS~

The two children ran around in the grassy, flower filled fields chasing after one another.

"You better watch out Alexis." Kaname warned playfully as he chased the younger girl at a slower pace to make it seem she was winning. "Because I'm going to get you."

"You'll never catch me Kaname." She giggled carelessly looking over her shoulder at him. "I'm just too-" she was then cut off by tripping over a rock and falling to the ground hard.

"Alexis!" He shouted worriedly, going to her side quickly. "Are you okay?"

"No it hurts." She whimpered feeling the pain from her now bruised and bleeding knee as tiny tears ran down her red cheeks.

"Don't worry Alexis I'll get your parents and I'll be right back." Kaname assured her racing toward the house.

"Wait Kaname don't leave me." She cried out but he was already too far to hear her.

"What a fool to leave a poor innocent child like you hurt all by yourself." A voice spoke from behind startled her greatly, causing more tears to form.

Looking up she noticed a dark haired man walking towards her as he stepped out of the shadowy forest. She tried to crawl backwards in fear of the stranger but the pain in her knee prevented her from doing so.

"What a pretty little girl you are." The man said kneeling down to her making her flinch at his closeness.

Alexis hissed in pain as the man slides his pale fingers across the trail of blood still leaking from the wound and brings it back to his lips for a taste, humming in satisfaction while his eyes flashed a blood lusting red. They quickly returning to his blue and red ones that stared so intensely into Alexis, it burned.

"Your blood is so delicious just like how she described." He said confusing Alexis.

"W-who are you?" She stuttered seeing the growing smirk on his wicked face.

"I'm a friend of your loving Sister."

"You know big sister?"

"Yes and I've been waiting a long time for you."

"What do you mean?" She asked in a frightened tone for the way he spoke those words.

He opened his mouth to speak but suddenly whipped his head towards the house. "They'll be coming soon." The stranger said sighing in disappointment almost mockingly. What he did next shocked Alexis to terror, he quickly laid a kiss upon her cheek saying, "Until we meet again Little Princess." And with that the stranger had vanished as though he were never there to begin with.

"Alexis!" She heard turning to the sound to see Kaname running towards her with their parents right behind him.

"Alexis, my baby girl." Benjamin cried racing towards her passing Kaname and kneeling down checking over all her wounds. "Are you okay? Does it hurt badly? Did Kaname push you because I swear I'll gut the little Bas-"

"Honey, language!" Vivian scolded him making him pout.

"No Daddy, it's not Kaname's fault." Alexis explained. "We were chasing each other and I tripped but-"

"Meaning it's still his fault for not watching you better- OW." Benjamin said rubbing his head.

"Shut up already, Dear." Vivian came to Alexis's other side smiling warmly in encouragement. "Continue, Sweetheart."

"A man came while Kaname went to get you." Alexis said causing the air to thicken around them all.

"What man?" Kaname asked her, the adults were too shocked to even speak.

"I don't know but he said he knew big sister. He had odd eyes too, one was blue and the other one was red." Gasps escaped the women as Haruka moved Kaname closer to him. "He scared me daddy." Alexis cried into Benjamin's chest once he picked her up. "He said I'd be seeing him again."

"It's okay, baby girl." He cooed smoothing her back. "Daddy's here."

"I think you three should leave. We need time to think things through." Vivian told the Kurans who nodded understanding their reasons.

~ Scene Skip~

"Alexis! Alexis please... Please!" Kaname cried cradling the little girl who was painted in her own blood. "Alexis stay awake... Please just open your eyes."

"Aww what a sad site but it's oh so cute in a way." A voice mocked in the shadows making Kaname's blood boil with rage.

"Shizuka how could you do this to her." Kaname growled. "Do you not realize how much she loves and cares for you. Are you really that much of a cold hearted bitch to see that."

"Love? Care for me?" Shizuka faked a laugh but was still amused. "That child has been nothing more than a burden to me. Always smiling, free to roam and do as she pleases without a care. How every fool in this world seems to fall for her innocence sickens me."

"You were jealous, weren't you." Kaname slowly concluded.

"No I was never envious of her. No I was hurt. I was hurt by the fact that so many people were willing to abandon me just for HER. They were fools!" Sizuka voice rose as she trembled with anger. "She is the reason our mother died giving that child life. She got a loving family while I was left alone in a cage like some animal. Even the man I hated most left me for my precious baby sister. I mean I sent him to kill the girl not to take an interest in her."

"Wait you're the one who sent that despicable beast of a man after her?!" Kaname shouted his grip on Alexis tightened, bring her closer to him but the scent of her blood was becoming too intoxicating to handle.

"Temping isn't it." Shizuka said noticing the boy's struggle for blood. "So sweet and rich, and to be honest I had trouble controlling myself too. Well until now that is." She chuckled cold heartedly,  licking the remains of Alexis's blood still drenching her hands, clothes and lips. "But it seems it's time for me to be leaving." Shizuka told him breaking down the stone wall with her new found strength.

"Shizuka I swear the next time I see you will be the last of your existence."

"I do not doubt that Son of Kuran." With this she made her escape as Kaname went back to Alexis's pale lifeless form in his arms.

"Alexis just hang on a little longer." He shook her. "Help is coming right now just stay with me!"

"Kaname..." Alexis crooked fading in and out of the darkness. "It hurts.."

"I know it does and I'm sorry." Kaname told her in a shaky voice close to tears brushing her now crimson locks away from her face. "Don't worry I'll make the pain go away . I'll make you forget ever feeling it." He kissed her forehead as she was then consumed by the dark that didn't seem to look so terrifying anymore.

~End of Dream/ Memory~

" Ahhhhhhhhh!" Alexis screamed, abruptly  sitting up in her bed covered in sweat with tears streaming down her cheeks.

"Your awake." A voice spoke startling her only to find Kaname standing at her bedside having earlier events replay themselves in her mind causing fear to bubble inside of herself.