Chapter Two

'Kay here's chapter 2! :)

I stumbled into my house, locking the door, as thoughts of Ryan continued swirling around in my head. I shook my head in frustration before I retrieved my iPhone from the front pocket of my bag. I needed to shop. Mel doesn’t like shopping, so I dialled Brooke. Her phone was switched off for some reason. Groaning, I tried Ashley. Luckily, she picked up after two short rings.

“Yes?” she asked.

“Ash, I need you to come shopping. Now,” I said, urgently wanting to clear my head.

“Alright. Pick you up in 10 minutes?” she replied, as I heard ruffling in the background.

“Okay. See you soon,” I answered, dropping my phone back into my pocket. I grabbed my wallet filled with cash, along with a credit card just in case. Ashley pulled up in her baby blue smart car with a loud screech and I jumped in.

“Let’s go!” I shouted as we drove off, arriving at the mall soon after.

We walked in and I breathed a sigh of relief as the familiar clean scent of the mall overwhelmed me and the brightly lit displays caught my attention.

“I didn’t bring enough money,” Ashley wailed, holding up a tight white shirt to let me see.

“Oh, that is nice,” I mused, glancing at the price tag.

She nodded quickly, widening her green eyes into puppy dog eyes.

“Fine,” I rolled my eyes, tossing her my credit card. She caught it, and smiled slightly, before running over and giving me a quick hug.

I found a few items that I wanted, and Ashley did too. I ended up paying for everything as Ashley practically brought no money.

“Now shoes,” I said, dragging Ashley towards the shoe department. She ran towards a pair of 6 inch pumps and held them to her chest.

“Zoe, I will die if I don’t have these,” she said seriously, “I promise I’ll pay you back!”

“You still haven’t paid me back from the last four times we went shopping, Ash,” I told her, while I tried on some boots.

“I know! But I’m working on it! This will be the last thing, I promise!” she babbled, before sitting down next to me, her long tresses tickling my arm.

 “Fine, go ahead,” I groaned as I handed her my credit card again.

She grinned broadly before leaping up to pay for it, presumably to prevent me from changing my mind.

It was dark when we pulled up outside my house. She ended up purchasing more than me and her backseat was filled with her things.

“Thanks Zoe! Love you!” she shrieked as I walked up the steps to my house.

I smiled, and blew her a kiss.

“See you tomorrow!” she yelled before pulling away.

“Zoe, is that you?” my mother called as I pulled open the door.

“Yeah!” I shouted back, dropping my things on the floor, “I’m so tired! Is dinner ready?”

“Yes, come and eat, honey!” she said loudly, “Spaghetti today!”

I walked into the living room and dropped myself into my usual spot. Wolfing down half my plate, I smiled contently.

“Where were you, honey?” my dad asked as he sat down slowly, smiling at me.

“Cheerleading, then I went to the mall,” I said breezily.

“Shopping again?” my mother asked with an eyebrow raised.