Being there at crazy hours

Chapter one -

I awoke to my phone buzzing, I groaned and rolled over the alarm clock showed it was four in the morning. Slightly still asleep and partly confused to the reason someone would be calling at this hour i reached for my phone. Who the hell would call at this un godly hour? I thought. Blinking a few times trying to get a better look at the screen as it blinked i finally registered the name. 'Renee'. My bestfriend since i was in second grade.

Shit, this can't be good.

I tried clearing my throat a few times before answering,

"Hello"? i called into the phone. I heared her sniffle and that's when my brain went to full alert and i was completely awake, sitting up rubbing my eyes.

"Nicole...I...I...I can't do it anymore" she choked out.

Now if your bestfriend, told you that line. Wouldn't your head start spinning with all the worst possible things it could possibly think of? Cause mine right now sure as hell is. I can't even think straight. And i should REALLY calm down, but i'm already jumping to conclusions. I took a deep breath her sentence really worrying me,

"Babygirl you gotta talk to me, what's wrong. You know i can't help you if you don't talk to me"

"I just, can i come stay with you for a while?" she begged still half crying

"you know you can, you can tell me you know? when your ready" I didn't want to push the issue i knew her all too well, she was just like me. We'd skip over the actal question when we didn't want to talk about it.  But i was relieved that she wasn't thinking stupid that was my main concern. My Mom worked crazy hours, she was gone alot too but she loved Renee that wasn't an issue.

"I know, but i'm packing i'll be over soon kay?

"okay call me when your here"

And with that we ended the conversation, summer has been really hard on her. Her mom has a new boyfriend and ever since he came in to the picture things have changed when shes at home, when she's not though she's more herself and happy. We have a week before senior year starts and then we can leave. This year is all about fun, party year more like it. It'll be a carefree year...hopefuly.