Chapter 12

"THIS IS A MISTAKE!" I scream as an officer clamps the handcuffs around my wrists.

"ALICIA!" Daniel yells as another officer pulls him the opposite way.

The next thing I hear is the door to the cop car shut. The lights are flashing on all of the police cars. Red and blue, on and off. I can feel my head reeling. Alex is ... Dead? He was murdered. How, when, by who!? Why was Daniel and I suspects? I feel like I'm going to throw up. Daniel and I are in good hands, my mother will fix this. My heart race slows. It will all be okay. The sirens stop and the lights slow. Two police officers open the door and grab me out of the car, roughly I might add. They usher me into the police station and then into an interview room. The officers sit me down and uncuff my hands. I rub my wrists as they walk out of the door. Seconds later a man in a suit walks in. He sits down across from me and clears his throat.

"Miss Alicia Rivers. You are an unlucky girl." Says the officer.

"How so?" I say to the young officer across from me.

"Well you almost get raped and a day later your EX boyfriend, AKA the attempted raper, winds up with a bullet in the head," he clears his throat again. "Tell me that doesn't sound fishy to you." The officer says smiling.

"I can tell you one thing for certain. Daniel nor I killed Alex Banner, because we were together all night." I say kinda bitchy.

"What were you doing, miss Rivers?" The officer asked.

"He took me to dinner and then we went out for ice cream."

"What time?"

"He picked me up at 8 and we were at the restaurant by 8:30, we were there until almost 9:45."

The officers face goes serious.

"Can anyone verify that?" He says.

"Yes the waitress and the restaurant, also Daniel has the receipt. And I have the receipt for the ice cream we went to at 10:15." I say back to him.

I may not need my mother after all!

"Let me go check that Miss Rivers." He says as he leaves the room.

Something tells me that he knows I am telling the truth. I am innocent. Daniel is innocent. Point blank.

That's when I see it. Through the window of the door I can see the television. It is a news woman coming live from the Banners beach house. I can't hear what she is saying, but I see someone being wheeled in an ambulance bed, with a cover over the body. Alex is dead. This somehow devastates me. Sure Alex was an attempted rapist, but inside he was a good person. I grew up with him, laughed with him, played with him, ... Slept with him. Alex was a friend and no matter what the cost I was going to get him the help he needed. But that is all out of the window now. Unfortunately he is beyond my help now. I only hope God had a little mercy for him, even if it was just a little.

It takes forever until the officer comes back into the room. He smirks... Which is either a bad thing... Or a REALLY bad thing.

"Well well well, Miss Rivers! It seems that you have some time to account for." He says still smirking.

"What in the Hell do you mean?" I say angry now.

"The restaurant is only a ten minute drive away from your family beach house." The officer says.

"Soooo..." I say growing impatient.

"Soooo it leaves you twenty extra minutes to kill Mr. Alex banner." The officer still has that damn smirk.

"Well excuse me officer, but since when is it a crime to get stuck behind a trolley bus, that goes TWO MILES PER HOUR, AND STOPS EVERY FIVE SECONDS." I shout at him.