Chapter 11

After Daniel and I were finished we laid on the bed, side by side, breathing heavy. We were both so tired we couldn't even cuddle. I listened as Daniel and mine breathing got lower and softer. I could hear his breathing cooling from the steamy breath it was moments ago. He turned his face to the side and looked at me. I turned my head toward him. I couldn't help but caress his body with my eyes. The bed sheets covered his pelvic region down. But his abbs.. They were like a Greek sculpture's. He must have saw me looking because he placed my hand on his chest. I rolled to the side and I ran my fingers slowly up and down his torso. I finally drifted off to sleep in the process.

************************************

When I awoke for the second time that day, Daniel was still asleep. The only light was provided by the bedside lamp. I slip out of bed and scurry to the bathroom. I brush my hair and teeth. My hair becomes straight again and I grab my makeup. I splash some on my face. As I look in the mirror I see my face. I have a few cuts, and some bruises. Then I look at my neck. The bruises are dark and unmissable. I rub some of the ointment around my neck. I also put the antibiotic cream on my face cuts.

As soon as the creams were rubbed in I slipped back into the covers. Daniel wiggled around until he found me. He pulled me up next to him. I just stayed there with a smile on my face. Something about Daniel was different. I always thought Alex would not hurt me, that he liked me. I've known Alex since I was a little kid, so I guess I felt safe with him. But the him I knew is not the man he is today. I took things too quick with Alex because of our history. But here I am wrapped in a mans arms that I have gone to school with all along, but never thought of him as a friend. Am I taking things too fast with Daniel? But Daniel has a different hold on my mind. He makes me feel safe, but in a different way then Alex did. I am so clueless. Would Daniel ever hurt me like Alex did? I can feel my body tense up. Alex was more forceful when we had sex. Daniel was passionate and caring. Alex wasn't even drunk when we did it the first time.

Then realization hit me. Alex was not Daniel. Daniel was not Alex. I was so blind to Alex's abuse because I forced myself to think that I knew exactly who he was. I know more about Daniel then I do about the grown up Alex.

"You okay," Daniel breaks my inner thought.

I realize now that my whole body is tensed up and my hands are balled up into fists. I am shaking slightly, and my body is heating up. My body language must have woke Daniel up.

"Yeah, I am now." I say to him reassuringly.

I go slack and loosen up my body. Daniel kisses my cheek and rests his head on my shoulder.

"You know I adore you, right?" Daniel asks.

How cute is he!? I mean who says that? He must really mean it...

"Yessss, and do you know how much you mean to me?" I respond.

"I do now." Daniel envelopes my body into his. He leaves sizzling kisses all down my neck and cheek.

This moment is too perfect for words. He is a really sweet guy and he cares for me. In the moment this is all that matters.

When we finally get the strength to get out of bed, he goes back to his house to get dressed. We made plans for a late diner.

"I am taking you somewhere fancy tonight, right on the ocean." Daniel says to me before he leaves.

I get dressed in my red cocktail dress I bought before vacation. Then I curl my hair and wait for Daniel to come pick me up. He comes to the door in a suit, so I guess my dress is appropriate. We drive down the boardwalk a few blocks to Le A'more. It is French so that explains the title.