Shot-1

~"Sometimes illusions are lively. Because realities have no joy in them."~

"I can't believe this Randhir. How can you do this to me? I am your legally-wedded wife!" Sanyukta wailed clutching Randhir's collar.

"Shut up. Just shut your mouth! You WERE my wife. I have already signed the divorce papers. Now just do your part and leave my sight." Randhir screamed, pushing her harshly as he walked out.

She fell on the floor with a thud and lifted her tear drained face up to glance at the man who had once promised to be with her forever.

"How can you behave this coldly with me? I can't divorce you. What about mum and dad? They'll be crushed, Randhir. Can't you fathom that?" She bellowed, managing to get up holding the bed's edge.

"Yes. Of course! You still only care about mum and dad. What about me, Sanyukta? This marriage
was not done with my genuine consent... you know that very well... don't you? How can I spend
my life with a person whom I don't love? What about me? You selfish woman..." His blood-shot eyes held ounces of sorrow in them as he bellowed those words whilst clutching her shoulders tightly.

"Ahh.... You are hurting me!" Sanyukta managed to squeak out in pain.

Randhir's eyes were reflecting a different emotion today. His eyes fell on his hands with which he was clutching her tightly. Jerking off his hands from her shoulders, he pushed her on the bed and came over her. Pinning her hands above her head, he looked straight into her eyes. His chocolate orbs tht once shimmered with charm penetrated deep into her hazel iris, as if searching for the answer of his unasked query. Whereas, Sanyukta was feeling dizzy under his stare. She has never for once seen Randhir so furious during their short married life of six months. Their marriage was a mutual deal, just to overcome the constant pestering from both their families. Neither he, nor she was intending to get married before settling their careers and obviously not to each other. Their families being friends for years, Randhir and Sanyukta had seen much of each other before their marriage. They knew and understood each other much better than anybody else. On the wedding night, they pledged to behave as a happily married couple in front of the world and in solitude they would always
remain best of friends.

Today, they completed six months of companionship. And these six months have altered a whole lot of things.

Their entire worlds revolved around each other and they knew it very well but there wasn't anything to complain on their part for this.

Sanyukta had just arrived from her office and was preparing to surprise her hubby (they have grown to call each other nicknames over the months) with a cake for a six-month anniversary celebration. That is when Randhir barged into the house in a terrible mood and shattered all her hopes for a peaceful
celebration.

"When I asked you to sign the papers, I was not joking. So just pick the pen and sign it... NOW...!" he gritted his teeth and barked at her curled-up frame. Sanyukta was devastated. She couldn't make out the reason for his sudden urge to get divorced. What had to go so monumentally wrong to push him to this resort? Hell! They barely had problems. He was always a sweetheart who loved to pamper her and she him. They were in a namesake relationship of a couple but they always behaved like best friends.

She brought her palms up and caressed his face.

"What is it Randhir? Please tell me the reason of this sudden outburst. I beg you." Her voice was soft
and pleading. He jerked her hands off and stood up straight.

"Don't try to manipulate me Sanyukta. This isn't going to work... so do as I say and free me." He threw the papers on her face. Taking his jacket off the stand, he treaded out the door before bellowing-

"Don't wait up me. I have better options than wasting my time with you."

          __________^^__________

Sanyukta woke up in the same position Randhir had left her in, after sleeping for three hours. Pulling her frame up to the washroom, she stood in front of the mirror and splashed water on her face. Her life had never been so fascinating since the time she tied the knot with Randhir. Away from her conservative family, she could pursue her career brilliantly and all because of him. He had been so supportive and endearing that she sometimes wondered that they have a good shot at a romantic married life. He has turned into a habit of hers. He has provided her with all the happiness that a lady would require from her companion except the love of a spouse which they mutually had kept off-limits. Yet, she couldn't help but busy herself in weaving the imaginary strings of her life, which was, perhaps, never meant to happen. She didn't realise how harshly the reality would smack her in the face.

"And tonight I was going to expose my feelings to him..." She looked up in the mirror and mockingly sneered at her drained reflection.

The next second, her face hardened with a determined look.

"No. I can't divorce him." She said looking down at the heart shaped pendant that lay on her chest. He had gifted that on her birthday when she was going through a rough patch in her career lane. His words when presenting that to her, instantly made her fall head over heels for him.

"No matter what happens Sanyukta. You'll always have me as a support. I want you to look down at this pendant the second you feel yourself giving into the darkness. I will be in here, wishing the best for you."

"I won't..." She repeated, her eyes brimming with tears while clutching the pendant tight. Hope comes in unusual shapes and form and for Sanyukta, the gift was enough to give her strength to fight back.

Sitting down on the couch with her head buried in her hands, she heard a beeping sound underneath her. She looked down and saw Randhir's phone lying on the couch. Perhaps it had fallen down when he took the jacket, she thought. Picking it up, she gazed at the screen and she felt her world stop the next instant.

She was wrecked.

The staggering hopes she had managed to scrounge were shattered then and there.

"Baby... Where are you? I am waiting for you in the café."

"Randhir, is there any problem?"

"Did your wife agree baby?"

"I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you babe."

"Randhir, I love you so much. Please reply. I can't wait anymore."

She scrolled down more and each text came to her as a stake that stabbed her feelings one by one. The phone fell down from her hands and a flood of tears made
their way down her cheeks.

Randhir opened the door and entered the room totally drained only to be greeted by a bewildering sight.

              ________^^________

To Be Continued.