Chapter 28- Mystery.

Start from the beginning

Quickly, I grab the book and pull it out of the book cabinet. I then proceed to position it in my hands; skimming through the pages quickly. I almost don't notice when another white piece of paper falls out of the book onto the floor.

Placing the book back in its place on the shelf; I rush over to the piece of paper; leaning down in order to pick it up.

As I pick it up, I go back to my standing position, the note resting in the palm of my hand. Excitedly, I unfold the piece of paper to reveal more pretty handwriting.

Life is like a big of chocolates. You can never really know for sure what you are going to get.
What's in yours?

I close my eyes as I concentrate, thinking long and hard for this one.

Chocolate.

Chocolate.

Chocolate.

C'mon. C'mon brain.

Cho-

Suddenly, as if I was just awoken from a deep slumber, the solution pops into my head. At least I think it's the solution.

Now truly intrigued and interested in what was actually going on, I hurriedly stride over to the kitchen, making my way over to the treats cabinet.

Yes. We have a treats cabinet. So what?

Opening the cabinet door, I stretch my arms as I reach up to the top shelf and pull out a box of Quality Street Chocolates. Opening the box, I can't say I'm surprised when another note lies on top of the heaps of colourful chocolates.

I put the box on the table and grab the note from the top. I quickly open the box of goodies, to find, once again, another riddle written in nice handwriting.

If stars can't shine without Darkness, then why are you still inside.
Join the stars.

I dont need to think long for this; maybe a few seconds. It doesn't take me long to figure it out; the answer literally leaping into my brain.

Stars.

Leaving the note on the counter top, I speed walk towards the back door in the kitchen, and run to my backyard.

As I step outside, I am blinded by eternal darkness. I look up to the night sky; the stars lighting up the black blanket. Each one has it's own unique shine; some bright and some brighter. Nevertheless, all equally beautiful.

The stars entrance me, pulling me towards them. It's as if I'm being hypnotized and I can't stop myself. Due to this, I almost fail to notice when my backyard lights up, the bright light taking over me.

Turning away from the sky, I look around to spot every corner, every bush, every tree, even the trampoline decorated with cute little fairy lights. There are balloons shaped like lovehearts dotted around the entire grass floor, swaying around due to the intensity of the blowing wind.

As I turn to see who has done all of this, I spot a lit up sign hanging from the window of my room.

I squint my eyes in order to read what it says.

Sorry.

Confusion takes over me as I try to piece together the puzzle. And it has so many damn pieces.