She made herself comfortable and she switched through the channels, every one of them reporting the same thing. Her head perked up when she heard a knock on her door. She huffed and stood up, going to answer the door.

When she swung it open, a teenage boy battled into her, his hands wrapping around her shoulders and pulling her into a hug.

"Ana! You're back!" He exclaimed. She laughed and returned the hug, rubbing his back affectionately.

"Hey Peter." She greeted, pulling back and pushing his glasses further up his nose. He beamed at her, "Aunt May saw you get out of the taxi. She told me and well, here I am." He said, putting his arms out.

She looked him over and stepped back, "Wow, you've gone a lot taller." She smirked poking his arms, "Even a little muscle there Pete." She said. He shook his head and waved her off. He was about to say something when the sounds from the tv interrupted him. Ana chuckled when he walked past her to her living room. She widened her eyes, realising what he was about to see.

"Peter!"

"Is that you?!"

She rushed to his side where he was glued to the tv, his arm outstretched as he pointed at the screen. It had footage of a person who caught some of the battle on the phones. And it was of her and Captain America taking on some Chitauri soldiers. It showed her face in the midst of the low quality even though Ana waved it off, "Pete, your crazy I do not look like that. That girl is much more beautiful."

He just stared at her impassively. His eyes darted quickly to the remote control on the sofa and he grabbed it and through it at her.

If it was anyone else doing that, she would of reacted differently. She caught it just inches from her face, her eyes staying on Peter as he inhaled loudly through his mouth and pointed at her like he just saw his favourite scientist.

"Oh my god! You're an Avenger! A freakin' Avenger, Ana!"

He stared bubbling on and on as Ana sighed at her remote, seeing she crushed it again. She rubbed the black plastic off her hand.

"Okay, it was me. Could you stop doing whatever," She waved her hand at his face, "That is. You remind me of my friend Fitz."

Peter grinned at her and she was worried his face would rip at the size of it. "Is Fitz another Avenger? Can you tell me how The Tony Stark is? Tell me all about the Captain. You were never at university were you? You were being an undercover spy. That is so awesome!" He rambled, his eyes doing that thing she hated. He could get whatever he wanted with those big brown eyes.

"Alright but I am going to be super vague on the details. Like you said I'm a spy and you could already have a target on your back as we speak."

"Sweet." He whispered, his eyes in awe.

Ana scrunched her nose, "No not sweet, Pete. That's bad." She shook her head.

He just laughed waving her off dismissively. She rolled her eyes and walked away from him into her kitchen, "Oh and by the way, don't tell May or Ben anything at all."

"Don't worry, I'll be as quiet as a spider."

"I can hear spiders, so your gonna have to do better than that."

"Are you serious?!"

"Didn't I mention I have enhanced senses, strength and reflexes?"

"No!"

- - -

"Peter! Gosh when did you become so... clingy?" Ana had to slap his hand away when he tried to poke her. He found it amazing the way she could sense things around her, it was like she had a pair of eyes everywhere.

"Well if you're playing that card, when did you become a superhero?" He asked, jutted his head closer to her own.

Ana slipped on her jacket and threw Peter his own. She kept her face straight as she answered his question, "I never wanted to be one, all my abilities were with me from the start. My DNA is different." She said.

Peter followed her as she walked out her house and down the concrete path. He shut her door and jumped next to her, slightly cringing when his knees hurt. "So you're saying you're an alien?" He questioned, fixing his glasses.

Ana glared at him, "I'm human, just a special type." She corrected. She turned around and hopped over the small fence separating their houses. Peter frowned, he shouldn't of said it that way.

"Sorry, Ana, I didn't mean for it to sound that way." He told her sincerely. Ana waited for him to climb over and patted his back, "I know, Pete. Remember, May and Ben can't know about me." She looked at him firmly, pointed a finger at his face.

Peter nervously gulped and nodded, "Yeah sure absolutely, you go it." He chuckled before grabbing her finger and pushing it away from his face.

Ana smiled before running to his front door, knocking on it. Peter lightly pushed her back, ignoring her confused look as he turned the handle, showing her it was unlocked. She rolled her eyes, "You shouldn't keep your doors unlocked. Have you seen the news?" She asked, shaking her head and placing her hands on her hips disapprovingly.

Peter rolled his eyes and pushed her inside, "I have you." He whispered with a smirk. Ana slapped him on his shoulder, making him rear back with a painful look.

"Ana, honey!" May called, shuffling from her place in the kitchen. The older woman had a huge smile on her face at the sight of her. "Oh, look at you, you've grown so beautiful." She cooed, Ana being down to embrace her.

"Not as beautiful as the woman in my arms. Damn May, you don't look a day over thirty." She replied, grinning down at her.

Aunt May blushed and affectionately patted Ana on the cheek. She then frowned, examining the girls face, "Oh, you look so tired. Have you eaten? Get enough sleep?" She rambled, Ana furrowing her eyebrows as her face was being squished and pulled at.

Peter gently removed Aunt May's hands and placed them at her sides, "Aunt May, I'm sure Ana's fine." He said.

Ana smelled something sweet and she closed her eyes, "Please tell me that's apple pie?" She hummed.

Peter craned his neck to look in the kitchen and nodded, "Yep, a freshly baked one sitting right on the count-" Ana gave Aunt May a kiss on the cheek, "I love this woman." She praised and walked into the kitchen, the Parker's following her with a chuckle.

Ana had already cut herself a piece and shoved it in her mouth, "This is so good. Have I told you how much I missed your baking?" She asked Aunt May as Peter grabbed himself a drink from the fridge, hopping on the counter beside her.

Aunt May smiled softly, "We did miss you, Ana." She said.

"I missed you guys too."

-   -   -   -   -

Hey guys! Hope you enjoyed this little chapter and please tell me what you thought! Did you catch the bit at the start? We're getting a closer insight to her parents. Next chapter will be the start of The Winter Soldier phase!

Q- You ready for Agents of Shield next week? I can't wait to see Slingshot!