<<(6)>>

6

<<Alice>>

'Hello?" Justin's voice rang over the phone. I panicked and quickly hung the phone up, throwing it down to the floor. Why the hell did I just do that? I ran a hand through my hair and looked around the room, debating on whether or not to call Justin back. But apparently, I didn't have to decide considering the phone rang from the hardwood floor under my feet. I took in a breath and lifted it from the floor, looking at the caller I.D. Justin, of course.

"Hey, Justin" I replied, sitting on my bed. "Hi Serena. Uhm, did you, uh, call me?" he asked in a weird voice.

"Yeah. Justin, we need to talk"

"Alright, what's up?" he said a little to harshly.

"Listen, before I tell you.. I need you to know that your one of my best friends, and I really care about you. I know we just met but, I don't wanna throw away our friendship." I said nervously and sadly at the same time. Oh god, I'm gonna hang up again. I took a deep breath

."I think you deserve to know, that when I first agreed to hang out with you, it was because I like Trent. And I wanted to be around him more," I explained, silently cursing myself for ruining the friendship that had just started.

The other end was silent so I decided to continue. "Justin, don't get me wrong. I like you too but, in a whole different way. Your like my bestfriend or my brother.'' I sighed. "I get it." he sighed, his voice harsh and kinda angry. "Ok, well, I'm sorry." I frowned, hanging the phone up before he could say anything else

. God, I'm such a retard. Why the hell can't I keep my cool around him? And I thought tell Justin how I felt would make this guilty feeling go away. Well, I was wrong. It's still here. I frowned and dropped the phone to the floor again.

-Justin-

My phone clicked, indicating she hung up. I freaking called that! But seriously, with all of those girls out there that would do anything to be my girlfriend? Seriously? I pick the girl whose madly in love with Trent? C'mon God, I know you've given me alot,and I'm really thankful, but it's Serena we're talking about here! But seriously, I know that all Trent wants to do is get In that Alice chick's pants. And that's Serena's BEST FRIEND. God, he is such a freaking dick.. I know he's leading her on.. An she's just going to get hurt... And come to meeee! Yeah, I'll just be her best friend when all of this unfolds, I'll be there....

I cussed under my breath just as my phone went off again. I lifted it to my ear without bothering to look at the caller I.D. "Serena?" I asked hopefully. "Who?" Trent's voice asked through the receiver." Oh. Hi, Trent." I frowned. "Well, nice to hear from you too, cuz." he chuckled, "But, I need your advice." he sighed. "Advice? From me..?" I asked. "You always seem to do good with the ladies. How do you get one to like you soo much?" he asked. "What do you mean? Who do you like?" I scowled, rolling my eyes and crossing my arms.

"A girl," he replied, helplessly teasing me. "God, Trent, by the way you play girls we all your not gay!" I snapped, wanting the answer I already knew. "Who do you like?" I said slowly, making sure he understood what I was saying.

"Well, uhm, you know that blonde chick who was over the other night? Alice? Well um it's her," he answered, his voice echoing the seriousness of his thoughts.

"Your serious? What about Serena?" I asked. "Who? Is that the chick that wouldn't stop hitting on me? She's..aight. I don't go for carrot-tops though." he chuckled slightly. "Leave her alone." I scowled. "Why? Does Mr. Justin like her?" he teased, chuckling. "No. I just...you need to leave her alone, ok? Just back off, Trent." I sighed

"Awwww! Little Justy-Wusty's got a crush. Awww." Trent teased, his voice full of laughter as he mocked me. "Trent, I swear to God, if you don't shut the hell up, I won't hep you with Alice," I smiled into the phone, knowing that plan would work instantly. "Alright, Alright, I'll shut up. But for real, Bro. The ladies are always all over you with the singing and stuff. And your always sucha charmer and gentlemen to them. Ya know? Make them 'swooon'" Trent pleaded, his voice e-longinaiting the o's. "So Justin, will you help me out, or what?"

"I don't know, Trent. What have you ever done for me?" I asked, raising an eyebrow even though he couldn't see me. "Justin! Dude, please? I'll owe you one." he sighed. He's begging? Wow. He really likes Alice. "Fine but, you gotta help me win Serena over afterwards." I muttered. "Thank. I will. Anything." he chuckled brightly, hanging the phone up before I could say anything else.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

<3