<<(2)>>

~~*~~At home~~*~~

I was digging through my closet, throwing every article of clothing onto my bed. No. No. Hell no! God, why don't I have any cute clothes? I groaned and finally sat down on the floor in front of my dresser, digging through drawer after drawer until I finally found a skirt and a cardigan that looked..okay. This will have to do.

I pulled on the outfit and pulled my hair up in a quick ponytail before hearing a car horn outside. Dammit! That took longer than I thought. I grabbed a random pair of flats and slid them onto my feet as I ran down the stairs, trying my best not to fall. "Damn! Your slow!" Alice chuckled as I opened the passenger seat of her Black Mercedes and slid in.

"Dude! Chill. Were just hanging out, Calm down," Alice said, glancing nervously. "Your like freaking hyperventilating!" she giggled. "Shut up, Alice! It's freaking Trent Riley! I'm allowed to freak out." We finally pulled up to her house, and I calmed down as I realized he wasn't there. I glanced at my phone, reading the time. 8:15. "What time is he coming over?" "8:30" she winked.

Freak-out-mode was back. Oh God! "I need a drink." I mumbled, walking into her house. "Your 17, dumbass." she chuckled, plopping down at her couch and looking up at me as I started to pace the floor. "Dude! Do you wanna be all sweaty and gross when Trent gets here?" she asked, grabbing my arm and forcing me to sit next to her. I took in a deep breath and sat there, never remembering to release the breath I was now holding.

The doorbell finally rang.  I took a deep breath and glanced in the mirror fixing my hair as I went to answer the door. I opened it to see Trent leaning against the side of the door way. Classic movie look! "Hey there, Trent." I smiled at him, looking as flirty as I could. "Hey Serena! Is Alice here?" he shot me a smile and then started looking around behind me. "Yeah, come on in!" I smiled, pulling the door open wider. He stepped in, and I embraced his hotness.

I shut the door quickly, the wind from the door hitting him and shoving his intoxicating scent of Axe through my nostrils as he sat down next to Alice on the couch. I sware I would've melted if my bones weren't there. Thank God they were though. "Hey." Trent smirked over to Alice, not even giving me a second look as I sat next to him

Immediately, wanting to engage myself with him, I spoke up. "So Trent, What do you wanna study?" I asked him, flirting again. He chuckled, and repostioned himself on the couch, slightly moving closer to Alice. "I didn't think we were actualy going to be hitting the books. Sorry I didn't bring anything with me." "It's cool!" I quickly reassured him. Wow. There I go looking stupid again! "So, um, do you want something to drink?" I asked him, standing up, gazing into his bright green, gorgeous eyes.

He thought for a second and looked over at Alice, a smirk playing at his lips. "Sure. Coke?" he asked me, motioning towards the kitchen. "No problem." I giggled, standing up. Wow. Way to make yourself look stuped Serena!

*Alice*

I watched Serena walk into the kitchen, leaving me alone with Trent on the couch.

"So.." Trent said, moving closer to me. "I don't think I ever noticed how beautiful you are..." he trailed off, looking straight into my eyes. I blushed. "Thanks, Trent. Your not so bad yourself!" I laughed, wondering where he was going with this. "You wanna know why I didn't bring any school books?" he whispered, getting even closer to me. My heart rate started picking up. What the..? "So I could do this.." he whispered, leaning in and placing his soft pink lips on mine.

I gasped slightly and went to pull back just as his hands moved to my back, holding me tighter to his chest. I finally gave in and kissed him back. God, he's an awesome kisser.  I felt him smile against my lips and quickly pull back just as Serena re-entered the room. "Tell her nothing." he whispered, returning to his earlier position on the couch

"Here ya go Trent!" Serena smiled handing the drink to him. I immediatly felt guitly. Shit! I can't believe I just did that to my best friend. How could I seriously kiss him?! She has been crushing on him for 5 years! God! I have to tell her! But I can't! Oh God.. What did I get myself into...

"I'll be right back." I told Trent, walking behind the couch and grabbing Serena's ponytail. "Ow. Ow. What the hell, Al?" she yelled once I had dragged her into the kitchen. "I have to tell you something but, you can't hate me, okay?" I frowned, finally releasing her hair

"Okay," she said questioningly. "Okay, I'm really really sorry Serena. But when you were getting the coke-" "Everything okay?" Trent asked, glaring at me, sauntering into the kitchen. "Yeah. Fine." I replied harshly. I guess a little to harshly, because Serena noticed. "Okaaay. Awkward silence." she laughed. "Yeah, I should get going. You wanna ride home Serena?" he asked, shooting her, once again, his famous smile. "Sure." she giggled. "Let me just grab my purse!" she said, walking into the living room. "Hey doucher! Thats my freaking best friend! I HAVE to tell her. She's liked you for like ever?! Do you not realize that?!" I hissed, glaring at him, for what seemed like the millionth time tonight. "I said not a word!" he replied, and he walked over, put his arm around Serena, and led her out the door. I could tell she was in heaven. "Bye Al!" she yelled. "See ya." I sighed. I ran up to my room and flopped onto my bed. FML.

*Serena*

I followed Trent out to his car and slid in the passengar seat. "Where do you live?" he asked, starting the car. I gave him my address and saw him turn the car around in the opposite direction. "I live the other way." I pointed out. "I know. We're going to my place." he smiled, looking over at me and then quickly back towards the road.

I raised an eyebrow but, nodded and sat back in my seat, seeing him pull up to his apartment. "My cousin's here but, just ignore him. He shouldn't bother you." Trent chuckled, walking over to my door and opening it for me. I nodded and followed him inside and into his room. "Serena this is Justin. Justin this is Serena. Don't touch her." Trent scowled, walking through his apartment. "I'll be in the bathroom. Be right back." Trent chuckled, walking into one of the doors and leaving me alone with this Justin character

"Hey." he muttered, walking into the livingroom with me. He was keeping his distance so I couldn't see his face cleary but, I could tell he was taller than me and he had supras and skinny jeans on under his hoodie. "I'm Justin." he sighed. "I heard. I'm Serena." I smiled awkwardly, waiting for Trent to come out of the bathroom again.

There was an awkward silence, so I decided to speak up. "So... Your Trent's cousin?" "Yep" he replied, popping the "p". He pulled out his phone and started playing on it. "IPhone.. Nice" I said, once again, trying to drop the awkward tension. "Wanna play?" he asked, tilting the game towards me. "Sure." I walked over and sat with him. Finally! He makes an effort in the convorsation! I glance at the screen. "Oh my God! Connect four? I haven't played this since I was like six!" I laughed, anxious to play again.

*****************************

Whatcha think?