8 - Did you just break into my house?

Thanks again for all the votes guys! I really appreciate the feedback because it's the only way we authors know if we're doing well or not. That being said, how bout some comments hmm? ;p

".... In upcoming news three men were killed just hours ago outside of Magic's, a local Chicago night bar owned by Marco Perri. The way the stories being told, two masked and armed men stormed into the building around eight p.m. They wore tailored suits and mask so extravagant witness say they looked to be customized and made from jewels. They wore leather gloves and were heavily equipped with knives, guns, and even a grenade they let off in the kitchen. Sources say there was no set target and the guns were fired randomly. As of now, there is no proof, but it's believed to be an upcoming war between the Mafia and other Chicago based gangs. Three men were shot and killed, four injured, and Marco himself is in critical condition. As of now, there are still no leads on who could have done this or why...."

Danny felt her skin crawl as her mother quickly changed the channel, a look of disgust on her face.

"It's a shame people can kill so easily like that. Did you know two of the people in the hospital now are strippers? Sure, that may not be the best profession, but it's hardly anything to get shot over! This whole mob mafia thing or whatever the hell it is is getting out of hand. Innocent people are dying now."

Even though the shooting at Magic's had happened only hours before and the story was just now being broadcast, Danny's mother knew more about it than almost anyone being a journalist and all. Her friends after the station had already called her and the somewhat intimidating woman had bribed and persuaded her way inside the case, picking out detail after detail.

She knew while only two men attacked, there had been another who disarmed security and kept the owner Marco distracted long enough for his friends to get in. She knew the men guilty of the crime weren't just random thugs but trained killers. The shots that were fatal were purposefully so. Those that left its victim in critical condition were also planned and calculated shots, not just people who got lucky somehow. She knew the men were young and agile, she knew they were hired and there to send a message, and she knew this wouldn't be the last event. She was so good at her job in fact that she knew Frederico Ines was the main reason for all of this uproar.

The only thing she didn't know was that one of the very men she was looking for was dating her daughter.

"That's true but not everything is rainbows and daisies. There are some people who are just cruel."

"And that makes it okay?"

Danny sighed and looked at her father, silently cursing him for even opening his mouth. Danny's mother was a nice and caring woman and both Danny and her father loved her to death, but the woman was also stubborn, headstrong, and loved a good debate. And more often than not her dad said something that could start one. Danny knew the routine. They two would give each other a challenging look, state their opinions, and then argue those opinions for hours on end. If you didn't know any better you would think they were actually upset with each other but every debate ended the same no matter what: her father getting turned on by the challenge and fighting even harder to show his dominance, something which in turn, turned on her mother as well.

It was disgusting and Danny wasn't smart enough to know to leave the room until she was twelve.

"No, sweetheart, that's not what I said. I'm not excusing their behavior, I'm simply saying its not like there aren't bad people in the world. This isn't anything new."

"Oh don't you sweetheart me! Yes, there are bad people in the world and no, this isn't anything new, but that doesn't mean pointless murder should be something you accept so easily now."