Heart Shaped Glasses

I woke with a start. Good ol' morning. Boring as hell morning more like. I got into my brown uniform shirt, and into my mocha brown thin pullover. I put on my loose brown khaki's. I walked slowly to the bathroom and looked at my reflection for quite some time. 

My eyes, still drooping from sleep, showed the quality of the ocean at night. Deep blue... velvety some would say. I put on my glasses, they covered most of the blue and just made them look plain. I looked at my loose dark brown hair. They had plain curls, like a wave. I started combing it but soon finished. I got my hair tie and began to put my hair into a pony-tail. I faked a smile at the reflection before i headed for the kitchen.

In the kitchen I made myself breakfast and quickly ran to my bus stop with my school bag. I live at home with my big sister, Audrey and myself, Violet. People don't really know my name though. They call me V or think my name's Victoria or some sort. Ha, as if! 

That's how I like it, quiet and ignored. Being popular at school? Hell no! That would be a nightmare! I like beign the wallpaper. The extra's in the movie about highschool. Someone you can pass and not notice.

It was cold out. I waited a minute or so before the yellow twinky came. First bus stop and I'm the only one in it. I waved to the bus driver before I sat in the seat behind her. The first seat, everyone tries to avoid it. The parties in the back, so to speak. I listened to my crappy red mp3 and looked out the window. 

When everyone was here I cranked up the volume and tried to ignore the mindless chatter. Wow, people were loud! I stared out the window and wondered about my three friends. When we finally got to the highschool I was the first one off. I went and walked slowly to the library.

My sanctuary, you didn't have to speak, unless you whispered so it was quiet as death except for the hum of the computers. I checked out a Stephen King book before the bell rang, signaling to first. I had read a ton of books, like Dracula or any other classical you can name, I'veread them all... well most at least.

I sit in the middle for almost every glass, luckily. The day flew by and next thing I know I'm in my fourth class. I sighed and sat at the back. Fourth was different, it was a 'do nothing but do what ever' type of class. I was so very unlucky to get into it. I sat down and got out my book. 

It's been awhile since the teacher actaully came to even check up on the class. I plucked in my skull-candies and listened to my music. I read my book in silence before someone tapped my shoulder. I looked up into piercing grey eyes, almost covered by dirty blond hair. I stared dreamily at them for awhile before the person cleared their throat.

"Yes?" I asked still staring, not caring who it was with the grey eyes. I like grey eyes, I decided. "Soo, is that a yes?" He asked. I looked up, alarmed. Who the hell was in front of me?! 

A guy, with dirty blond hair and grey eyes stared at me. He had a strong profile. His cheek bones higher than usual made him look even dreamy. He almost looked like prince charming but in a black snug shirt and faded black jeans. "Wait, what?" I asked, confused.

"Can I sit in your seat? You could move some place else." He said in a nice voice, but there was something else... something I've heard from so many girls with their designer shirts and mini skirts. He was hiding a harsh tone! Who the hell did he think he was?! "No." I said flatly before turning back to my book. My hand shook a bit but I quickly grasped my book. Why hadn't I just got up and smiled and find another seat? 

Your insane... Yeah, I noticed. "Excuse me?" He said, this time not hiding the harshness in his voice. "I said no." I said again, without tone. Ugh, I just did it again! I hate myself right now, so so much. "Let me re-phrase that, get out of the seat and go sit someplace else." He said glaring at me. "Is no a big word for you? Don't you know what no means? Maybe you should get a dictionary and look it up." I said glaring back.