Chapter 3 Night 2

Chapter 3

Night 2

Ruby settled in her chair and waited as the minutes to ticked by. Unknown to her, Goldy was watching with equal anticipation. Eventually the clock struck twelve, the game began and the phone rang.

"Uhh, Hello? Hello? Uh, well, if you're hearing this and you made it to day two, uh, congrats!" the voice sounded rather happy at this.

Ruby couldn't help the smile. "Thanks Steve. Think the 'bots made it to day two? I really annoyed Bonnie. His eye twitched when I came in earlier."

"I-I won't talk quite as long this time since Freddy and his friends tend to become more active as the week progresses." 'Steve' said a little nervously.

"Oh really? I guess my teasing didn't help much either." Ruby mused.

"Uhh, it might be a good idea to peek at those cameras while I talk just to make sure everyone's in their proper place. You know..." 'Steve' trailed off.

"Fine fine. I'm checking. Your concern touches me." Ruby flicked through the cameras. "Huh, Bonnie's not wasting any time I see. Aaaaand. Yup. In the closet."

Goldy had to stifle a giggle as Ruby chuckled at the rabbit's antics.

"Uh... Interestingly enough, Freddy himself doesn't come off stage very often."

Ruby raised her eyebrow. "Stage hog?"

Goldy couldn't stop this giggle and Ruby looked around the room suspiciously.

"I heard he becomes a lot more active in the dark though, so, hey, I guess that's one more reason not to run out of power, right?"

"Oh so they told you something hey?" Ruby frowned. "And yet they don't tell the helpless fifteen year old anything?"

'Helpless...Right.' Goldy rolled her eyes. 'I heard what you said to the manager. You traumatized the man.'

"I-I also want to emphasize the importance of using your door lights. There are blind spots in your camera views, and those blind spots happen to be right outside of your doors."

"Who designed this place?" Ruby muttered as she checked the cameras again.

Bonnie staring right at the camera really close up had her jumping and giving a yelp. She blinked before grinning.

"Alright bunny, that was a good one, I'll give you that." She chuckled.

"So if-if you can't find something, or someone, on your cameras, be sure to check the door lights. Uh, you might only have a few seconds to react... Uh, not that you would be in any danger, of course. I'm not implying that."

"Of course not." She muttered dryly. "You're a terrible liar Steve."

"Also, check on the curtain in Pirate Cove from time to time."

Ruby sat up just a little straighter at that.

"The character in there seems unique in that he becomes more active if the cameras remain off for long periods of time. I guess he doesn't like being watched."

"You know you just contradicted yourself?" she frowned, pointing accusingly at the phone. "If he doesn't like being watched he'd come after me FOR watching."

"I don't know. Anyway, I'm sure you have everything under control! Uh, talk to you soon." The phone call ended.

"Okay, bye!" Ruby called cheerfully, leaping to her feet.

"So...Foxy's joining the party?" she grinned. "Cool. Should make things more interesting."

As she skipped out the door with the tablet Goldy materialized.