CHAPTER FIVE

• Dedicated to Everyone who reads!

This is gonna be the last Catfish book in this series. I originally wanted to a Princeton one, but I've completely grown out of doing Mindless Behavior fan-fics and the whole "Catfish" plot. I may decide to do one, but it's a very slim chance. Thanks to all the readers who were reading since the first book :) I really appreciate you guys. - LIVYTHECREATOR

__________________________________________________

(Narrorator P.O.V)

[Cameras Rolling]

“Today, we got a really unusual e-mail. It was Ray Ray  from Mindless Behavior, and he wanted to figure out if his one month ‘girlfriend’—should I call her that?—is using her real identity. It’s really strange that a celebrity even considered to be on Catfish, so we’re going to follow this case. Rayan is at the hotel with us now so he can tell us a little about the story,” Nev introduced to everyone.

“Hey Rayan!” Nev greeted happily. Rayan smiled warmly at Nev and Max. “How have you been doing?” 

“Great. . . just great,” Rayan replied. Rayan laid both of his bags down in the hotel room, and he looked directly in the camera, breaking the biggest rule of T.V. His nervous tension stood out like a sore thumb, but no one really pointed that out.

“So, how was it when you met Aquaa?” Max interrogated.

“Well, I felt great. I had never met any girl like her, so it was like a brand new feeling. I never suspected her to be a Catfish or for me to even suspect she wasn't real. I just want to find out the truth about her before I fall in love with her or someone else did,” Rayan explained.

“You sound extremely considerate,” Nev mentioned. Rayan nodded his head.

“So basically, we’re going to do a little investigating about ‘Aquaa’ and then we’ll go from there, O.K.?” Nev said.

Rayan left the room, leaving Max and Nev to investigate. “Now what was her name on Facebook? Aquaa Smith?” Nev asked himself. He looked Aqua up on Facebook and her profile popped up almost immediately. “I think we got the girl. Now let’s just take her profile picture,” Nev said, “And drag it to Google Image search.” Nev did as he said he would. 

Google’s Best Guess for this image: Paige Hurd

“Oh my God,” Nev gasped, putting his hand over his mouth. Max was not surprised, however. All of ‘Aquaa’s’ profile pictures were professionally taken, so it was a dead giveaway that she was a fake account. “So I guess this Aquaa chick isn’t real?”

“No, she isn't. We should try to contact Paige Hurd and tell her that she needs to tell Rayan whoever this Aqua chick is, isn’t her,” Max suggested. “I’m pretty sure that we can FaceTime her or something.” 

Nev and Max searched and searched about Paige Hurd, but they really couldn’t find anything credible. That’s until they came across her OoVoo account. They then requested a chat with Paige, hoping she’d know who they were and knew why they were calling.

“Hello?” Paige answered her chat confused, since two middle-aged dudes asked her chat.

“Paige, I know this is going to be weird for you, but let us tell you the story. There was a girl pretending to be you for over a month, and a guy, Rayan, from Mindless Behavior fell in love with her,” Nev clarified.

“Oh wow,” Paige replied, in shock.

“Now, if you can give us a soundbite or something to tell Rayan that he hasn’t been talking to you, that’d be great.” Nev signaled for Max to tell Rayan to come over to the laptop. Max ran over to Rayan’s hotel room and brought him over. Rayan took a seat, sitting in front of Paige herself.

“Rayan, I know this is gonna be really hard for you, but I’m not the girl you were talking to for over a month. I’m pretty sure you can find something even better than me.” On an ending note, Paige smiled brightly at the camera, making Rayan smile as well.

“OK, bye Paige.” 

Rayan took this very well, which was pretty weirdest Catfish case that Nev and Max and seen. However, they needed to get to the bottom of it.

Tomorrow, Rayan was going to meet the girl he was talking to for over a month.

*****

“OK Rayan, we’re on our way to meet the girl you’ve been talking to over a month. When we called her yesterday, her sister answered giving us all the information about where they lived. Are you excited or are you nervous?” Nev asked. The cameras made Rayan even more nervous than he already was. To him, this was almost the scariest thing he experienced. When he knocked on the door, for all he knew, a man could be standing in front of him.

“Nervous,” Rayan replied simply. He didn’t know how far ‘Aquaa’ lived from the hotel, so he didn’t know when he was nearing her house and if he wasn’t.

“Well, we’re nearing her house pretty soon, so—” Before Nev finished his sentence, Max pulled into a driveway. Right now, Rayan just wanted to rewind all the way back, so he knew not to even message ‘Aqua’, or fall for her tricks.

“Do you want to knock on her door?” Max asked, about to do it anyway. The cameras were rolling on him, and it was like zooming in on him, adding more tension. Rayan nodded his head slowly, and Max knocked on the door. There was no answer for at least thirty seconds, until a brown skinned girl with hip-length hair opened the door.

“H-hi, Rayan,” she greeted nervously. “I’m Alani.” Rayan just stared at her, trying to process what was going on. To him, Alani was beautiful and he didn’t know why she was Catfishing in the first place. “Y-you’re beautiful, Alani.” Rayan smiled, taking a good look at Alani once more. 

Max and Nev were definitely not expecting this answer.

“Everything was real, Rayan. Except the name and the picture.” Rayan needed to time to collect his thoughts, but he knew exactly what he wanted to do.

“It’s OK, we can still be together.”