chapter 20

Casey's pov

"So Herrick did it make you happy to kill my mate so coldheartedly "I ask and he looks at me smugly and blood boils

"Do you know how it feels to have you're mate ripped from you" I screech my emotions getting the best of me

"OF COURSE I KNOW it has happened to me countless times over the 204 years my beloveds have been killed raped and taken away from me five FIVE out four of my beloveds have been humans weak little things never able to live past the normal age rate each time I was unable to change them they never wanted to be a vampire I'm useless my first mate rejected me my second died of cancer third was also mated to a wolf and chose the mutt fourth raped and killed while I was out thing is she was pregnant now my fifth I'll do anything for him even if that means to kill and murder a whole pack but he doesn't even care "

"Tyler's your mate" I ask softly hearing his story made my heart ache for his pain he had to go through all that an now deal with that shit head

"Why should we care he deserves it "Vera grumbles

"Vera no one deserves that to go through mates and never be able love them forgot vamps live so long that they get beloveds more than one"

"Whatever he killed our mate for what reason if he knew how it felt"

"Herrick why kill my mate if you knew how it felt" I ask ignoring saga

"I didn't want to do that to anyone but Tyler said that it would be the only way he'd accept me fully "

"That piece of shit scumbag " I say and Herrick hisses at me right his mate

"What am I to do with you now it's obvious that he has his other mate already "

"That's not his mate I am he killed her mate before she had the chance to meet him he was there for her and she feel in love with him May is not his real mate I am not her "

"I wonder what may would do if she found out he killed her mate why wouldn't he be with you the mating bond is strong when it comes to to different species coming together that would make him strong "

"He didn't reject me when we first meet he marked me an I marked him but he said no one could know he had witch hide my mark you know we're his pack tattoo is well thats were I marked him at that's why I'd do anything for him " he says I'm linked to him and he is strong he plays weak so no one will know he has two mates a betas daughter and a high council vampire that makes him as strong as a hybrid with a faerie mate stronger since she is no longer mated he could kill you now that I weakened you

"Oh shit "

"Only way you could win is if you mated with someone as strong as you say that Werepixie you got that would make you stronger"

"I just lost my mate months ago I won't do that to her "

"Alphas aren't suppose to be with out a mate for long right well I've been observing your pack for awhile you have a couple of pack members who could be wonderful mates "

"He is right Casey we aren't suppose to be unmated for to long our pack is weak without a Luna " Vera states

"Fine tell me the ones you think would help make the pack stronger "

"Well the beta though I dislike her she is very strong all wanderers are "

"What is a wanderer "

"A mateless soul meant to wander every realm until they find the one they are meant to serve for eternity rose has been alive for a very long time and she chose you to serve to mate with her would mean you wolf would be immortal and you become stronger apart and even stronger together "

"Why are you helping me " I ask really I want to kill his fucking mate so why help me

"Because I think maybe you could help me put me out of my misery when you kill Tyler because to lose five beloveds would be to much "

"Hmm we'll see anyways are there any others that would be suitable mates for me "

"Other than the werepixie and the wanderer yes there's the alpha that just joined you pack his names Gerald he's a hybrid as well not as strong as you but stronger than Tyler "

"God what am I to do how should I choose Fuck this is hard" I say sitting down in my chair

"Have pack tournament for ones who think they are suitable your Luna and tell those three you want them to be in it because you rethink they would definitely suitable to be your mate

"You know I forgive you for what you did but I won't forget and I think you know that thank you for helping me and I'm going to help you as well" I say and he nods

"Rose come to my office find Gerald as well I have a big announcement to make "

"Yes alpha Casey "

"Casey are we sure about this " Saga asks

"Yes he's right we can't be to long without a Luna or the pack will fall "

"Fine then I'm rooting for Revana"

"Really saga the obvious choice is rose "

"Guys don't start this again okay I'm not choosing they are going to battle for the position "

"Casey you called "

"Yes Gerald I have something very important to tell you guys"

"And what would that be "

"Ill be having a tournament for those who think they are suitable to be my new Luna "

"WHAT "rose yells

"Sorry but why " she apologizes for the outburst

"Because I need a Luna with out one the pack is weak so starting today everyone who wishes to be apart of it trains hard "

"Why did you call us here then you could have put that out with out telling us "

"Because I want you two to be apart of it I think you both would be a suitable luna including Revana I will mind link her telling her all of this and to not leave as instructed "

"So the question is will you both do it "

"Of course alpha Casey "

"Rose as of today you are no longer beta I will have Michelle do all that you are now to go into intensive training Gerald will you"

"Well all this sounds exciting but I am gay and always will be gay not that you aren't beautiful it's just men are my taste " he states and I feel a rush of relief pass through my body

"Alright rose go Gerald can you go find Revana it's almost time for her to leave and I want to catch her before that "

"Yes alpha "

"Hmm now to put it out to the whole pack "

"Pack meeting in five minutes "I mind link everyone

"Gerald said you wanted me"

"Yes Revana I want you to be apart of a tournament to become my new Luna I also chose rose and Gerald rose accepted and Gerald declined I need a strong Luna someone to make the pack stronger and well someone I trust"

"Oh wow well of course Casey I'd love to fight for your heart" Revana says excitedly

"Alright now to tell the pack"