Chapter 11: Promises Left Unspoken

\"Your ankle.\" Said Sasuke. Sakura looked confused before she looked down and saw that she was bleeding.

\"What?\" asked Sakura. \"Oh, it doesn\'t seem deep,\" she said. \"I just…I just need to… clean it…\" she said distractedly. She stepped away from Sasuke. He held her shoulder and forced her to sit down on the chair.

\"Where\'s your first aid kit?\" he asked while walking around the kitchen.

\"You don\'t-\"

\"Where is it Sakura?\" he asked, effectively cutting her off. Well, more like

demanded. \"I\'m still your boss,\" he said smugly. Sakura pouted at him before

pointing to the top cabinet.

He brought the kit out and walked towards her. She was starring at the floor with clouded eyes and it seemed as though she was trying not to look him in the eyes. This bothered Sasuke because this was the second time she\'s become…reclusive. Something was clearly bothering her but Sasuke decided not to ask her anything. It wasn\'t his business to know everything about her.

Sasuke sat on the stool next to her and opened the kit. This one seemed to be the adult version of her kiddy first-aid kit. This one had plain bandages and a bigger bottle of regular alcohol among other things.

He looked at Sakura\'s face; she was still out of it. Just what was it that freaked her out so much? From his point of view, the lightning struck and he saw her face for a second. Then it struck again and he could see that she looked shocked and he knew that he was the cause.

Sasuke grabbed her ankle and pulled it upward until it was sitting across his lap. The gesture caused Sakura to grab onto the counter behind her to prevent her from falling over.

\"Sasuke! At least tell me when you\'re going to do that!\" said Sakura. Sasuke ignored that outburst and just held onto her ankle with one hand while grabbing a cotton pad with the other.

\"I didn\'t want to interrupt your daydream,\" he said smugly. She pouted in annoyance and readjusted herself so that she could sit more comfortably. Sasuke dabbed the cotton with the alcohol and rubbed it against the cut.

Sakura flinched at the burning contact and tried to pull her leg away but Sasuke grabbed it before she could.

\"I can do that myself.\" She said while trying to get away. Sasuke\'s hand had a good grip on her foot preventing her from doing so.

\"Hmph,\" said Sasuke. \"I guess even doctors can\'t handle the burn of alcohol.\" He said while enjoying her look of incredulity.

\"Hey…I can so take on alcohol better than you. It\'s just a little awkward having my foot sitting across my bosses lap.\" She said with a microscopic blush.

\"Get over it Dr. Haruno,\" said Sasuke as he continued to clean the cut. It must have been deeper than she thought because it wouldn\'t stop bleeding. He pressed a little harder and Sakura let out a small hiss.

\"Owie…\" said Sakura. Sasuke would have laughed at her childish choice of words, but…he\'s an Uchiha…and they don\'t laugh. Sasuke stopped pressing her ankle and brought it up higher to his face so that he can inspect it.

Sakura started to panic. From the way he moved it looked like he was going to…to kiss her foot. She froze as he got closer and closer. She held her breath as his face stopped a few centimeters away from her ankle; she could feel his hot breath on her skin as he inspected the cut.

If anyone were to walk in right now, they would find Sasuke and Sakura in a very…unusual position.

To her relief, he placed her foot back down on his lap and turned to look at her.