Chapter 3: Sasuke and Sakura

In Sasuke's office:

Her heart was pounding so hard she swore she could hear it. There, sitting in the big leather chair right in front of her, was a man that looked almost exactly like Sai. It was like seeing a ghost. Almost the same face, same eyes, same hair color, same skin tone. If she didn't know any better, she would say that Sasuke and Sai could have been brothers. It was like looking at his long lost twin or something. He was sitting at his desk clicking something on his computer.

He heard her "gasp" and noticed her presence and turned to look at her and had almost the same reaction as her. The first thing that stood out to him, save for the pink hair, were her eyes. They're the exact same eyes as Suki, only…softer. He got up from his chair and made his way toward her.

She watched him come closer to her. She couldn't breath; she needed to snap out of it. "This man was not Sai! Sai died and he's never coming back. This man is not Sai!" She quickly recovered from her mental battle when she noticed that Sasuke was now standing right in front of her and starring at her just as much as she was starring at him. It was like he was trying to recognize her too.

They studied each other for about 5 seconds before Sasuke finally decided to speak up. It was getting Awkward and there was so much tension in the air.

" Umm, you must be Dr. Haruno. I'm Sasuke Uchiha," He said as he continued to study her face. She fidgeted a bit before speaking up as well.

"Oh, yes. I'm sorry. Yes I'm Sakura Haruno, it's nice to meet you ," she said as she shifted a bit. The stilettos were starting to get to her or maybe it was just his presence. "Not Sai, but he's just so similar…focus here…don't freak." She thought to herself as she tried to find her center.

"Let get started then, shall we?" he said as he walked back over to his desk. He motioned for her to sit down and reached for a file across his desk. Sakura took a look around his office to distract her for a bit. It was huge. 2 sides of the room were made up entirely out of thick glass, giving you a spectacular view of the city. There was a bookshelf that lined most of the third wall. On closer inspection, you could see that it was filled with encyclopedias, medical dictionaries, binders and binders of hospital codes and laws as well as some books on hospital ethics and business. There was another door next to the library that appeared to hold a private bathroom behind it. There was also a rather comfortable looking couch next to the double door. A few potted trees stood next to each door.

His desk was another thing. It was entirely black and had a sort of curved build. On it, were his computer, fax machine, intercom, telephone and a few picture frames that Sakura couldn't see because they're facing the other way.

While he was shuffling through the file, Sakura took the opportunity to study his face again. Now that she wasn't so flustered, she noticed that although the resemblance is great, there were some things that were unique about Sasuke. For one thing, his hair stood up in the back reminding her of the backside of a chicken; she had to stifle a laugh at this. He had a strong build by the looks of it. Not too muscular but not thin either. He was at least a head taller than her. He had this air of importance around him that kind of mixed with strength, business, and oddly enough, a bit of softness and protectiveness. He didn't look like the type to smile either. He looked like a smirker; the arrogant smiler as Sakura liked to put it. He stopped shuffling through the file and turned to face her.

"Well Dr. Haruno, from what I've read in your file, you'd be quite an benefit to our hospital. Your record is quite impressive and your references speak for themselves; Dr. Tsunade is an automatic acceptance to me. I hear she only takes the best of the best under her wing, what I'm curious about is how you managed to pull off skipping almost 4 years of med school." He said while tilting his head to the side slightly, leaning his body forward and lacing his fingers together. He maintained eye contact with her the entire time he spoke to her. Those emerald green eyes were just so dominant.