Chapter 2: Sakura and Sora.

The light crept through the white curtains, giving the room and warm yellow glow. Unfortunately there was a crack in the curtains that allowed a small beam of sun to enter and land on the sleeping figures face. As the sun moved higher in the sky, you could catch a glimpse of the pink hair that was being highlighted by the suns rays. The figure lying in bed shuffled a bit before finally turning over and having the offending light shine right in her face.

She opened her eyes before quickly shutting them again. "Why can't I ever close those damn curtains properly?" She thought as she blinked several times to get rid of the sleep in her eyes.

She got up out of bed and checked the clock by her bedside, 6:30 am. "Perfect" she thought. She walked to her closet and absent-mindedly picked a towel from the pile on one of the shelves. She took a look at the towel; extra large with a picture of a bunch of dogs playing cards.

Bringing the towel up to her body, she hugged it tightly before putting it back on the shelf and choosing another one. She wasn't ready to use that yet and wasn't sure if she would ever use that particular towel again. It held too many memories. Just then, one of those memories popped into her mind.

Flashback:

They were at the flea market trying to forage for whatever necessities they'll need to move into their new apartment.

" A towel…with dogs playing cards? You can't be serious. That's the most clichéd not to mention ugly, towel out there. And you call yourself an artist?" she said jokingly as she watched him hold it out in front of her. " Well I figure you need something hideous to bring out your own beauty, you know, since you keep it so well hidden" he said as he barley managed to dodge a punched aimed for his face.

" Hey hey…enough with the violence. Jeez Sakura and here I thought you were going to school to become a doctor, you know, people that heal others instead of intentionally hurting." He said as he walked closer to her and wrapped the towel around her body while bringing her into a bear hug.

" Hmmm, well Sai, if I'm so ugly then I guess you can just sleep with yourself tonight and every night from here on in." She said in a threatening voice. She took a moment to remember the look of utter horror that crossed his face before catching him off guard in a quick kiss.

"Ha…fooled you didn't I?" she said as she detangled herself from the offensive towel. She started to walk towards one of the other stands that were selling all kinds of furniture before she felt Sai's arms snake around her waist.

" Hmmmm, you know you can't resist me," he said as he began to kiss her neck from behind.

" Sai! We're in public…. keep your perverted yet artistic hands to yourself…for now" she added with a sly smirk on her face.

"See…. like I said, you can't resist me." Said Sai as he reluctantly let her go to browse around the furniture."

End Flashback.

Sakura smiled at the memory and chose another towel before heading off into the shower. Sakura turned the shower on and waited till the water was warm enough before stepping inside. If she wasn't awake before, she certainly was now. She let the warm water cover her entire body before busting out the shampoo and slathering her long pink hair with it (her hair goes down to just below her shoulder blades.).

After she was done showering, she walked to her closet and picked out the suit that she had prepared for today. She had an interview for position at Konoha Grace Medical Center today. Next to her suit there we're rows and rows of scrubs that she would usually wear to work. If she got the job then she would have to get some new ones with the Konoha symbol printed on them.