Chapter 1: Sasuke and Suki

Early morning. It was considered the best time of day to some and to others it would be the most bothersome.

The sun was barley making it's way above the sky forcing the once dark sky to turn an interesting shade of royal purple and eventually orange. It was so early that the stars from the previous night were still visible of only slightly. Japan is known to be the land of the rising sun and therefore a great honor to be the first people on the planet to greet the new day. But for some, it was just a challenge to beat the sun; rise before it does.

As the sun swept through Japan, it made it's way from the coast, through the mountains and the countryside, eventually settling in the metropolitan area; Tokyo to be exact, one of the largest metropolitan areas in the world being home to over 8 million people. Yet as most of the country was still enjoying it's few hours of precious sleep, some were already up an about. One individual in particular, made it a habit to be up before the rest of the country.

As he watched daybreak, he slowly turned around from his balcony and walked back into his room. He strolled right past his door and walked down the hall, passing the pictures that framed the hallway. These pictures held pleasant memories of his childhood, his college days, his best friends and family, his wedding day, although that picture wasn't exactly as pleasant as a wedding photo should be, and one other picture that stood out from among the rest. This picture held the face of beautiful baby girl barley a few weeks old. The same baby girl, that was now the tender age of 4 and sleeping soundly in the room in which her father just walked into.

Her father silently made his way over to her toddler bed and watched over his little girl sleeping and dreaming of things he would never know of. Her little head full of shining raven hair, just like her father. If she were awake you could see that she had the most brilliant green eyes, as green as emeralds. She was her father's little girl in every aspect except for her eyes. She is his pride and joy.

Her walls were adorned with finger paintings of mermaids and ponies, stick figures and animals and even a picture with a bowl of tomatoes. They were her favorite food, again just like her father. On the small shelf, there were a few awards from her preschool for excellent citizenship, student of the month awards, and ballet recital pictures all belonging to Uchiha Suki. There were also a few pictures of her in the preschool play on the 5 food groups where she had the honor of being tomato number four.

Smiling at his daughter one more time, Uchiha Sasuke planted a kiss on her forehead and walked out of her room turning of her nightlight. He would wake her in another hour for preschool.

Sasuke walked back into his room, grabbed a towel and went into the shower. After he was done, he got dressed in his usual attire, which consisted of Black slacks and matching blazer and an off while shirt with a black silk tie. Such attire was necessary when you're the CEO of Konoha Grace Medical Center.

The Uchiha family founded the hospital over 80 years ago by his grandfather and since then been run by the Uchiha family; what started out as a small clinic soon turned into a prosperous hospital specializing in Cancer treatments, trauma centers, diagnostic research labs, general health, obstetrics and more recently, pediatrics.

As Sasuke made his way out of his room where he proceeded to watch the morning news. Later he went back to Suki's room; it was time for her to get ready for school. He walked in only to find her still sleeping with her stuffed piglet, who she named ton-ton. She looked so peaceful that Sasuke felt like a bad guy for waking her up.

" Suki…honey wake up. It's time to get up for school." Sasuke gently stroked her hair until her eyelids flutter open.

" mmmm…. but daddy…tooo…..tired….." she mumbled as she proceeded to curl back up into a ball. Sasuke chuckled at her antics. Every morning was the same, he would wake her and she would try to guilt him into letting her sleep a bit more. So he resorted to the one method that would work every time, he began to tickle her feet. Suki could not resist for long, she broke out into a fit of giggles and eventually became fully awake.