Chapter 1 Gem

(Gem's P.O.V)

The cold snow felt warm against my skin, I didn't know where I was. The tress surrounding me were dark and ominous, Crack. Turning I see a shadow and could sense another vampires pressence. This vampire was a pureblood like me, "What are you doing out here?" A voice says in front of me.

Looking up I spot a boy a year older than me (8) with dark brown hair. "Your a pureblood. Where's your family?" I was confused and shook my head. "I-i don't know." He walked toward me and reached his hand out.

"You can trust me." I took his hand and knew it was safe almost familiar. "What's your name?" I asked and walked beside him, in the direction he was taking. "My name is Kaname Kuran, what's yours?" As he spoke my name came to my mind.

    "It's Gem Kimiko." I smiled at him and he looked down slightly at me. "I know someone who will take care of you, since he owes my family." We stopped I'm front of a house and Kaname knocked.

"So you'll take care of her, Kaien?" Kaname asked the man sitting across from me. "Of course, especially since her f." cough cough. "Kaien!" Kaname coughed and Kaien stopped talking, "Well I must be going back home now." Kaname says and Kaien and I stand, "Gem it was nice to meet you. We'll meet again soon." Kaname smiles and leaves.

After a few months of living with Kaien he finishes the adoption papers. "Your officially my daughter Gem ." He says and hugs me again, I laugh a little and he let's me go. Noone could find any information of my parents so Kaien said he would adopt me.

That night I walk into the living room feeling a weird pressence. "What's going on father?" I ask but stop when I see Kaname. "Kaname?" I look to Kaien and he motions for me to sit. A short girl with long brown hair is sat on the couch, "this is Yuki. She's going to be living here now, she's six just a year younger than you. You should get along with her." I turn to the girl, Yuki and smile at her my fangs showing slightly.

She leans toward me and reaches up to my mouth. "Uhh," she touches my fang and looks at me scared. "Don't be scared," I reach my hand out and she looks at me. "She was attacked by a vampire, I saw and helped." Kaname says and gets up to leave, "I'll be leaving now." "Your going back to them? They'll only use you for your blood and power." Kaien says and I watch as they leave the room.

"Hi Yuki, I'm Gem it's nice to meet you." Yuki smiles at me and I pick up a biscuit off the table and take a bite. She watches and eats one also.

(2 years later)

"Yuki did you use my toothbrush?" I yelled looking through the house for her. The front door opens and I see Kaien walk in, but a smell I haven't smelled in a long time fills my nose. Blood.

"Gem this is Zero Kiryu, his family was killed by a insane pureblood. Will you clean him off, I have business with the police." Kaien says and I nod walking near the boy. His eyes looked full of hate, anger and sadness, "Here follow me." I said calmly holding onto his shoulders. He walked with me and we went to the bathroom.

"Gem what happened to that boy? Is he hurt?" Yuki ran into the bathroom, and I sigh. "Go get some clothes for him please Yuki." I looked at her seriously and she turned and hurried out of the room. "I'm going to take off your shirt." He stared at me and I pulled it off and the blood filled my nose more than ever.

I turn and get a cloth wet and go back to him. Wiping off the blood he keeps staring at me, "you have control, vampire." I look up at him and sit the cloth down. "Yes, but so not like the one you had a run in with. Not all vampires are like that." He looks at me and doesn't say anything else.