Thugs and Hood Love 21

Start from the beginning

"Oh," Rayven said. Just then, her phone began to ring. She took her phone out of her purse and looked at the Caller I.D.. "Who is it," I asked being nosey.

"Hell if I know. But Imma be back," Rayven said as she got up from the bench that we were sitting on.

I decided to call my momma. Just to catch up on what she been doing un the last three days since we talked. I talk to my momma a lot. Y'all don't have to know every damn thing I do, do it? I know that at least one somebody said yeah.

My momma was number three on my speed dial list, so I quickly called her. The phone rang three times, and I was getting ready to hang up. As I was lowering the phone from my ear, I heard my momma say, "Hello."

"Ma what took you so long to answer the phone," I asked her.

"Brit what I tell you bout questioning me. I'm grown," she said in her playful/serious tone.

"Ma, I ain't gonna start with you. So what you doin," I asked her.

"Minding my business and not yours,"

"Maaaaa," I whined. "Stop acting like that."

"I'm just playing baby. But I am going out to dinner with yo dad for Valentine's Day,"

"Nawl now. Didn't know y'all still did stuff like that,"

"Well we do. What you and Smoke doin," my momma asked me.

"To be honest, Ion even know. But I know he better take me somewhere. Cause if he think we just gonna fuck, he got me so messed up," I said seriously.

My momma started to laugh. And so did I. "I miss you, ma," I said.

"I miss you, too. You and yo big headed ass brother needs to come and see me," my momma said.

My momma has been telling me and Billy to come and see her since Christmas. And here it is February. Two months. Not that long. But long enough. "I'll let Billy to know. I told you bout all the shit that's been going on. And you bout know Billy ain't gonna wanna leave til he get everything straight,"

"Yeah, I know. Talked to him last night. Said him and Lyric got into it,"

"That ain't nothing new," I said while shaking my head.

"Said while he blacked her eye,"

"He what," I yelled into the phone.

"You heard me. Blacked her fucking eye," my momma said.

"Imma bust his shit wide open," I said. And I wasn't playing. Billy crossed the line doing that right there. Frfr.

"Girl you know he'll toss yo lil ass," my momma said.

I started to laugh and said, "Ion care."

Me and my momma talked for a lil while longer before we said our see you later's. We never told each other bye. Never.

After I got off the phone with my momma, Smoke and Shawn started to walk over towards me. "Y'all ready," I asked them as I raised up and picked up my purse.

" Yeah. Where my girl," Shawn asked me.

"Damn, I forgot all bout her fucking ass. She said she was gonna come right back. But she didn't," I said as I began to look around the park for Rayven. But I didn't see her no where in sight.

"Wherever ha ass at, she better be on her way back," Smoke said.

"Nigga shut that shit up," I said as I pushed him in his chest. "I'll call ha,"