My Perfect Valentine

There's a huge commotion every Valentine. You are compelled to wear anything on red or put corny heart wallpapers on your phone for literally no reason at all. There's an immense pressure to give your other half an outstanding Valentine. That is if you're lucky to have another half. Valentine while I was single, sucked. I remember glancing at the huge flower bouquets some girls had just received and muttering to myself while doodling on my notebook. Jealousy is a bitch.

But those times were over

But those times were over. I had Chris this year.

We'd been dating for almost six months now and in its majority, it has been pretty awesome

We'd been dating for almost six months now and in its majority, it has been pretty awesome. Except that time, when I thought I was pregnant and my best friend had a major head concussion while getting me a pregnancy test. Or when my mom found about it and flipped over it. She grounded me for a month and got me on the pill, not before showing me the grossest documentary on baby's birth.

Anyway, this was the first year I had an amazing boyfriend to share Valentine with. It had to be epic. Romantic and perfect. The only problem was that I had been thinking about it and I really hadn't planned anything outstanding. Or you know, anything at all. As said date came closer, I started to feel antsy.

"Cassie, what are you doing with Nathan for Valentine's?" I asked out of the blue at my best-friend as she carried her chicken salad to our usual table at the cafeteria. My hands were full with the turkey sandwich I'd gotten for myself and the cheeseburger I'd gotten for Chris. As my eyes landed on said burger, I thought about how it would have to involve food because my boyfriend loved it. Anything and in supersized proportions.

My brows were furrowed as my blue-eyed friend threw a paper ball napkin to me. "Did you listen to me?" I shook my head. "I'm sure that Chris would love just being with you." I scrunched my nose. Cassie's smile widened. "The guy is totally head over heels for you, Farah. I'm sure you can take him to a dumpster and he'd be stoked about it!"

I rolled my eyes. "You're quite the corny friend, Cass." She simply shrugged and started to dig on her salad. However, she did give me an idea to take him somewhere. Chris loved films. He wanted to go to film school and maybe a visit to the museum of fine arts was in order. I googled about it and they had a film festival from Iran. Which sounded exciting and exotic in its own.