With a yell of anger, Joseph threw the bottle against the wall and it shattered before dropping onto the stained carpet. His double wide trailer was littered with empty bottles and cans. There were dirty dishes and fast food wrappers all over. It was dusty, dirty, dark and cold since the power bill hadn’t been paid.

                He would kill his good for nothing wife for taking off like she had!

                It was her job to keep this house clean and write out his checks to pay his bills. Those were a woman’s work. He could have paid the power bill himself since he knew how but he figured he’d let that stupid bitch and those brats freeze in the dark for a while once they got home to teach them a lesson.

                The phone rang then and he raced to answer it, nearly tripping over the cord, “Hello?”

                “You didn’t sleep did you?” Jason demanded.

                “Hell no I didn’t sleep!” Joseph exclaimed as he rubbed his dry, bloodshot eyes. “Did you track that bitch’s truck?”

                “I shouldn’t be doing this, Joe. You know I don’t approve of how you treat your wife,” Jason replied calmly.

                Joseph rolled his eyes. Jason was always saying things like that but in the end he always helped. That’s what brothers were for. “Jason, I need to know where she is dammit! Where are my wife and kids?”

                “She ran pretty far this time, Joe.”

                “Where?” Joseph exclaimed, slamming his fist through the cheap plaster wall.  

                “Calm the hell down,” Joseph scolded. “She’s in the middle of nowhere in Wyoming. Some tiny town called Crittenden.”

                “Shit…” Joseph muttered as he flopped onto the tattered couch. How was he supposed to get to Wyoming? That bitch had the truck and she’d taken every bit of money.  “You gotta help me, Jason. You gotta help me go after her.”

                “I’ve done what I can do, Joe. I’ve done more than I should….”

                “Jason, you don’t have a choice. I swear I’ll turn you in. I will! You have to help me get to Wyoming and you have to come with me and help me bring her home!”

                “More threats?” Jason mumbled.

                “Yes,” Joseph agreed, knowing that was his brother’s weak button. “I need your help, Jason. I want my wife and children home. I would do whatever I could to help you get your family home if they ran…”

                “Mine won’t run because I treat them halfway decent,” Jason grumbled but Joseph knew he had him. “Fine. But I’ll have to put in for work so it’ll be a day or two before we can leave. I’ll get us some plane tickets to Cheyenne and then we’ll have to rent a car.”

                “Thank you, brother! We’ll find that bitch and we’ll make her sorry she ever left me.”

                “You can make her sorry, Joe, I don’t want any part in that,” Jason replied with a sigh.

                “Fine then,” Joseph grinned, “More fun for me.”

***