Chapter 7// Take A Hint

Heya!
Happy Birthday @Brazenbookaholic!! Ik it's a bit late but...eh.

A few of u r kinda confused abt James' and Gerald's relationship with Amber so I thought I'd clear that. James is Amber's biological brother outside the box and Gerald is her fake brother inside the box but Gerald and Amber believe that they are actual siblings.

This chapter will be from James' p.o.v. because I thought that once Jay, Amber and Gerald get out of the box it'll be easier for all of u to understand.

Plzzzz vote and comment. If u ppl like this chapter from James' p.o.v. then I'll write more so u ppl will have to let me know if u like it

100th voter gets a dedication.

Ps - that's Emma 👆

❤️EffervescentReader❤️
********************************************************************************

James' p.o.v.

Ugh. Why are girls so hard to understand? More specifically why is Emma Wilington so hard to understand? I really wish Amber was here. At least she would have told me what to do or what I did wrong. My stupid parents and their stupid experiment. They still can't figure out how to make them bigger. It's been 2 years since the disease has been gone. I wanted to go with Amber but my parents wanted to make sure that she as okay and if she wasn't then they didn't want to lose both of their children. After observing everyone they put inside the box for any change in behaviour, eating habits, the way they walk and all that nerdy stuff for 3 whole months they said that they were doing to put me in too. I was overjoyed. I finally got to be with Amber but no, they didn't let me go. Since the disease began to diminish because of some bacteria sh*t that the government released THE DAY I WAS SUPPOSED TO GO. Mom and dad said that they didn't want to lose both of their children and also said that they would get Amber back. That was 4 years ago and I don't see Amber anywhere now. Anyway back to the problem at hand.

Earlier this day...
I went to school, as usual but today I was going to do something different. I was finally going to tell Emma, school's queen bee, that I like her. Don't get me wrong. She isn't you stereotypical queen bee. She's nice and helps everyone. She's always smiling and joking around. She has a rebellious streak. She can be super duper mean if someone hurts her or her friends. Of course, she's pretty.

"WHOOOOOSH"

That was enough to pull me out of me thoughts. I look to my right side and see that it was a bus that just drove past me. I ALMOST GOT RUN OVER BY A BUS!!! I'm whipped, I know.

I continue walking towards the school's entrance. I made sure that I was wearing good clothes so I have extra confidence today.

"What's up, James" I turn to my right so see Wesley.

"Hey man, nothing much. What about you?" I ask.

"Are you sure nothing's up, bro?"

"I'm James Woodley. I don't get nervous."

"Are you nervous because you are about to confess your love to Emma?" He says dramatically. Did I mention he knew about my crush. I don't think so.

"Shut up!"

"Awwwww, is Jamie boy blushing?"