Storms

-This story goes out to B.-
I'm not the best at writing cute shit, so uh, here. Also, I know he's not in character. Get over it and enjoy that he's being romantic as shit.
-alex

(Your POV)

It's the starry night with a full moon that brings me to complete inner peace. The kind of night that's cool with a small breeze and a sparkling sky. The air is moist, but not humid, and crickets fill the world with the sound of their songs. From the balcony of my secluded home, I'd watch the sun set and the moon rise, but tonight, there was no such luck. The sky was filled with clouds that refused to lessen, dropping fat raindrops onto the roof.

My breath fogs up the glass my face is pressed against, and I wipe it away.

"You've been staring out that window for the past hour and a half," Kakashi says, moving to stand beside me. "Aren't you bored?"

"Oh, I... I hadn't noticed. The rain isn't pure tonight.." I say, remaining still. Like you, my child? I wipe the glass once again, an uneasy feeling creeping down my spine.

"I'll make some more tea." Kakashi walks to the kitchen, and only then do I move away from the glass, silently running up behind him to throw my arms around his neck. His shoulders tense for a moment, no doubt assessing the danger of the situation, before relaxing.

He turns, smiling, when I release him, placing his hands on my hips resting his forehead against mine, eyes closed as he breathes softly, evenly, as if he's falling asleep.

"I like you a lot, (Y/N)." He says. Almost a whisper is his voice, and for a moment, my heart feels as if it's containing a crazed dinosaur, but I don't say anything for a while.

"Kakashi?"

"Mm?"

"I... have a question." I avert my eyes and fumble with my fingers.

"What is it?" He lifts his forehead up to look at me. His tone isn't compassionate anymore, but it isn't mean.

"I-" The rain turns to hail, and the hail gets bigger, hits harder. It's difficult to hear anything outside but that. I stop talking, clenching my hands to keep them from shaking.

Kakashi leans close to my ear. I feel his breath on my cheek, warm and sweet, even through his mask. "You know why I'm here, so just..." He pulls me tight against his body.

"T-take off your mask and kiss me." I whisper, biting my lip. He hooks the edge of the fabric with his finger and pulls it under his chin, while his other hand gently cups my jaw, tilting my face up to meet his soft, parted lips. He slowly inches towards the hem of my pale yellow pajama shirt.

I deepen the kiss, nervously gripping his toned upper arms. Subconsciously, I knew this would happen eventually and I had prepared, but the experience is.... nerve-wrackingly intense.

Kakashi breaks for air, slowly opening his eyes. Long, delicate lashes raise from rest from upon his cheeks, like the souls of warriors fallen in battle. It's that black framing around his loving gaze that reminds me of artwork, so exquisitely presented and created is he that even the goddess Aphrodite's beauty pales in comparison.

He tucks a strand of hair behind my ear and smiles. "You're so beautiful."

"Better than the princesses in those romantic novels?" I giggle, pressing my hands onto his chest and leaning into his warm embrace. I hear his heartbeat quicken at my touch, and I smile wider.

"I have my queen right here." Chuckling quietly, Kakashi snakes his arms around me. "There's no need for a princess."

"Every queen was a princess once, Kakashi." I gaze up at him. "You'll have to show me that I'm better than them."

"With a cynical smile like that, I'm sure it'd be obvious." Kakashi presses me up against the wall softly, his lips brushing mine.

"Hey, (Y/N)?" He says after a moment.

"Y-yeah?" I stutter.

"I want you to marry me some day."

Eyes widening, my arms drop. "Really? A-are you sure? I mean, I'm not--"

"Yes, I'm sure," He interrupts. "Absolutely sure. There's nothing about you that I don't love."

"Well, o-okay..."

Kakashi leans back, making eye contact, and smiles. "I'm glad." He removes the kettle from the fire.

My face is red hot, and I know by his twinkling eyes and slightly raised eyebrows that he wants to comment on it. I bury my face in my hands.

"No, no, wait." He removes my hands, and then moves to hold my jaw is his own. "Don't hide your face."

"But..." I blush harder, finding it increasingly more difficult not to look away or run.

"But what?" He says, leaning closer.

"But...." I trail off. Holding eye contact for another second. "B-but I'm tired! Y-yeah, I'm t-tired. I think I'll go to sleep now..." I make a run for my room, but he grabs my arm and stops me.

"Do you want me to leave?" His tone is quiet and serious.

"N-no..."

"Why did you make that excuse? You're never tired at this hour, even if it is late."

"I just," Averting my eyes and sighing, I turn to him and put my head on his shoulder."I got scared. I'm sorry."

"Scared of what?"

"Well, nervous would be a better word but..."

He sighs.

"Kakashi, will you come up to bed with me?"

He's quiet for a moment and loosens his grip to hold my hand. "Of course."

We make our way up to the bedroom, not bothering to turn on a light or bring a candle. Kakashi strips off his t-shirt and pajama pants before sliding in beside me, pulls me against his chest, and nuzzles my neck.

"Why am I always the little spoon?" I ask, pulling my hair from behind my head and on his face.

"I'm taller than you." He says simply. "And more dominant."

"I'm can be a man, too. I'll even prove it." I whine, rolling over. "You'd go gay for me. Admit it."

"Well, I won't deny it." His voice is very matter-of-fact.

I snort and bap* his shoulder lightly. "Dork."

Kakashi rolls on top of me and smiles. The shadows cast on his face dance lazily, and I catch myself thinking about how the light is bright enough to reach us up here.

"Hey, Kakashi, I remembered my question."

"What is it?"

"Why are you so lame?"

He gasps in a mockingly dramatic gesture. "Me? Lame? How absurd!"

"Yeah, Lame-o McScrooge." I pause. "Maybe I need to work on my insults."

"Nah," he says, leaning down to kiss me. "They're perfect."

-to be continued in the second part-

[Edit] I decided not to write the sexuals. It's against content guidelines and I'm not willing to break the rules.
(:

-alex

[EDIT #2]: I'm so full of shit lololololol. This story is so shitty guys like I'm dying just reading this over. Who ever let me write this garbage 😂😂

*bap: kind of like a slap, but with the tips of your fingers