04 | Hear My Heart Out

Imagine Person A of your OTP overhears B confessing their true feelings about A.

"Nadz, tawag ka ni-" James abruptly stopped in his tracks when he heard Nadine talking to someone. He was about to enter her hotel room to tell her that Direk Tonet wanted to speak with her about their next scene on OTWOL. It seems like she was busy so he decided to come again later.

"Yassi, I think I'm in love with him..." These eight words caught James' attention. His pupils dilated and his heart started beating rapidly for reasons he couldn't explain. In love, huh? With who?

As a child, he was taught by his parents that eavesdropping was rude but desperate times called for desperate measures. He was genuinely curious and at the same time, hopeful. He pressed his ear against the door, feeling a tad guilty but he wasn't regretting anything. James needed to know. It was for his sanity.

"Sino pa ba? 'Edi si James," He heard Nadine sigh loudly.

There were no words to accurately describe how James was feeling at that very moment. It was like he was in a scene from a movie, when the lead finally gets to kiss the girl and he hears fireworks exploding in the background. A choir of angels singing. Only this time, James was the lead of his own story and the girl he loved finally admitted that she loved him back.

He couldn't hear what Yassi was saying, so Nadine must've been on the phone with her best friend. Instead, he opened the door slightly so he could hear Nadine a little more clearly.

He was doing his best not to get caught.

"Hindi ko alam eh, it's just... when I'm with him, it feels different. I get butterflies in my stomach and I never want him to leave. And you wanna know a secret?" She paused. "Sa taping namin for OTWOL, sinusulit ko ang mga kissing scenes. I know it's wrong, and I should be professional, but hindi ko talaga mapigilan."

James wanted to let out a squeal, defying his manliness. He couldn't deny na kinikilig siya. This was too much. He wanted to say something.

He knocked on the door.

"Yas, I gotta go. 'Maya na tayo magusap. Bye."

"Hey, Nadz!" James greeted her casually as he entered the room. He was suppressing the smug smile that he very much wanted to show her.

"James! Uh, hi. Ikaw pala. Bakit?"

Nadine looked so nervous, James couldn't help it. He burst into laughter, out of pure bliss. He was thrilled. Nadine, I love you. I love you. I love you.

"Why are you laughing?"

"Huh? Ah, wala. I just remembered something funny. Anyway, Direk Tonet wanted to speak with you daw. For the next scene," He cleared his throat. "Also..."

"Also, what?" Nadine asked in an instant. James knew that she was getting paranoid. He wanted to tell her that it was fine, he loved her back. He loved her so much.

But he decided to keep it to himself for the meantime.

"Also, bilisan mo na raw. Let's go?" He smiled at her. I love you, he wanted to say. With all my heart.

He already had plans to tell her, anyway. He's got it all sorted.

February 11.