03 | Like I'm Gonna Lose You

Imagine Person A is an actor, and has to shoot a violent scene before they leave. They're very tired after the shoot and go home in full makeup. Person B is very worried, thinking that A got into an actual fight.

It's been six years since Jadine publicly announced they were a couple and the fans have gotten accustomed to them by then. Six years meant that they eventually agreed to pursue individual projects, but James and Nadine didn't really mind. They would support each other through thick and thin, as promised.

It was late at night and Nadine was in her pink lace nightgown, reading a book. She was waiting for James to come home. His schedule had been jam-packed for the day since he was shooting a new movie. It was an action film, something out of his comfort zone. As the years passed, the couple was given different opportunities to try something new and to grow as actors. They were thankful and blessed to be a part of such an amazing network.

The time on the wall clock read 11:59 PM. Nadine was starting to feel sleepy. She wasn't really that worried that James wasn't home yet. Being an actor herself, she was aware that sacrifices had to be made in their profession. Movie scenes took hours to finish shooting, Nadine knew that. She also trusted James, without a doubt. James would always stay with her.

As Nadine set aside the book she was reading, she heard the sound of the main door clicking open. That must be James, she thought. She smiled to herself.

"Naddie, I'm home!" Nadine heard James' voice from the living room. She could hear footsteps approaching. It's only been a day since she's last seen him, but she already missed him. If she had it her way, they would spend each passing second next to each other. Clingy, she knew, but who wouldn't be when they're in love?

James entered the bedroom.

At the sight of him, Nadine's stomach dropped.

"What happened?!" She immediately stood up from the bed and strode towards James. His face was covered in purple bruises and blood was dripping from the side of his face.

"Who did this? J-James, baby, please tell me who did this..." Tears were threatening to escape her. Never in a million years did she want James to be hurt.

"Nadine, look at me," James simply told her.

Nadine refused to do so. She hated this. She hated the sight of James covered in bruises and blood. No, no, she couldn't handle it.

"Nadine! Babe, it's fake."

Her gaze shot up to his face.

"What?"

"We were shooting a fight scene today. Don't worry, all of this?" James gestured with his hand to the bruises and blood. "Makeup lang 'to."

"Baliw!" Nadine slapped his arm. She didn't even bother being gentle with him. "Sana sinabi mo agad. I was worried, James!"

James chuckled. "Sorry na. I was so tired that I didn't bother washing it off na. Love you," James pecked Nadine on the lips.

Nadine was still pouting. Eventually, she gave in.

"Sige na nga. I missed you, jerk," She wrapped her arms around James' neck and slowly leaned in to kiss him. She closed the gap between them and touched her lips against his. She kissed him fiercely, with rough and firm movements. The sight of him with that terrible makeup triggered something inside of her. Nadine never wanted to lose James. Ever. She loved him too much for that to happen.

James' hand travelled to the nape of her neck, pulling her closer towards him. He licked Nadine's lips, asking for entrance. Nadine obliged and opened her mouth, their tongues colliding. James lifted Nadine's legs up and wrapped them around his waist, leading her towards the bed.

"I love you, Nadine. So much."

"I love you even more. You don't even know," Nadine replied, in between the desperate kisses.