We have a free period before dinner. Eveia is talking about playing the videogras again when Wick comes up behind us.

"Hey Nadia, I'd watch out for Anders." Wick's lowered voice is urgent. He speaks quickly. "He was just talking about making you his, whatever it takes."

"What does that even mean?" Eveia laughs, but I don't.

It feels like a knot of ice and metal has settled in my stomach. Whatever Anders means by it, it can't be good.

"Thanks, Wick. I'll keep an eye out." I glance around, but don't see Anders anywhere in the lounge.

Still, I have a hard time joining in with Eveia and Wick's game, even though they've finally chosen the karaoke one. I can't keep my mind from worrying about Anders, or my body from shivering away the creepy feeling he elicits. After only a few songs, I get up from the couch.

"I'm just going to head back to the room and freshen up before dinner," I say. It would be nice to get my five-minute hot shower, and this way I'll be able to reapply the scar serum in peace.

Wick pulls his eyes from the duet he's singing with Eveia. "Remember what I said."

I wave away his concern. "Anders's not going to break onto my floor; I'll be fine."

Besides, I think I've spotted him across the room. At least, the back of that guy's head is identical to Anders's.

When I round the stairwell to the landing of F2, I realize I was very wrong.

Wrong about the guy in the lounge.

Wrong that Anders wouldn't snoop on my floor.

He's leaning outside the entrance to F2, twisting a ring on his left pointer finger.

"I looked for you in your room, but you weren't there," he says, then pushes off the wall.

"Why would you do that? Stay out of my room." My stomach is white-hot, and it feels like my veins are full of lead. I'm frozen, and once I recognize it's out of terror, my heart slams against my breastbone.

"Come on," Anders drawls. "You know what I want."

I scoff. "Don't be a Ken." I hope the term will offend him like it did Wick.

He does seem taken aback, but not like I'd hoped. He snickers. "I'm not looking for a long term relationship, princess. And it's not about me wanting what I can't have because..."

His tongue rolls the hoop through his lip before he finishes his sentence. "I always get what I want."

I am so revolted I almost vomit; I wish I could vomit, but nothing comes up. I debate calling for help, but the stairwell is deserted.

Besides, who would rush to my aide? My friends are too far below us to hear; no one else here cares about me. They'd all probably think I had it coming, that it served me right for being Viry in a Kuzabn compound.

Anders steps toward me. I trip backwards down the stairs, but he grabs my arm and pulls me to him before I can fall.

"Let me go." I struggle against his hold, but he slams me against the wall, his grip holding my right arm over my head, my left hand wedged uselessly against his chest. I try to push, but he's too strong.

"Stop trying to fight the inevitable."

I do cry out then; it's mostly instinctual, but there's also a tiny hope someone nearby does care enough to intervene. No footsteps rush to my rescue, and Anders's mouth smothers mine before I can yell again. I try to pull back, to twist my head away, but he's got me crammed tight. With his free hand, he trails his fingers up my ribcage and over my breast. Every attempt I make to throw him off me is pathetic; even after a week of training, I'm not strong enough to take on a man nearly twice my size.