Prologue

Albus Dumbledore walked alone through the streets of Knockturn Alley. It wasn't a very pleasant place. Especially at this time of night when the streets were dark and desolate. Not much people roamed around at this time, yet Dumbledore still had this sinking feeling in the pit of his stomach that people were watching him and at any moment they'd just pop out. The thought made him slightly nervous. Though he knew it was a bad idea, he kept his wand pocketed so it didn't put himself out there as a threat.

Dumbledore was around the area for an important mission. If it weren't for that he would never even consider stepping foot onto the streets of Knockturn Alley unless it was absolutely necessary. The place gave off bad vibes that the wise wizard would rather avoid.

Dumbledore was making his way back towards Diagon Alley. He was moving quickly and swiftly despite his age. He was trying his best to not be seen. It would only cause trouble. Throughout the past few months Dumbledore had gained a lot more enemies. With Voldemort at large it only seemed to make it worse.

But something made him stop. It was somebody speaking. Their cold, harsh voice carried from the inside of Borgin and Burks. Dumbledore had a sneaking suspicion that it was the voice of Voldemort. He had heard it enough throughout his years to learn to recognize it fairly easily. Dumbledore had known Tom Riddle since he was a boy. His voice hadn't changed much. It only became deeper, and it had a cold and cruel tone with it. With every syllable he spoke it was like icicles slicing through the air.

It was stupid for him to stop and he knew it. Unfortunately, Dumbledore's curiosity had gotten the better of him. He wasn't usually one to invade people's privacy. The thing was, this was Voldemort. Dumbledore lost any sympathy that he ever had for the boy a long time ago. He would gladly invade his privacy without a second thought.

Dumbledore was not prepared for a fight. He had a long day, and to be honest his old and worn out body no longer did well with days like these. He was tired and all alone when Voldemort could have had a whole army on his side. It was unlikely, but it was possible.

Dumbledore leaned against a wall on the side of Borgin and Burks were he was sure he wouldn't be seen. It was would be an absolute nightmare if Voldemort were to see him. He was taking a risk already, as it was.

Then he listened carefully to Voldemort's words. It was hard to hear, but he still managed to understand what he was saying.

"Anything else, My Lord?" The voice clearly belonged to Snape, not Voldemort. He sounded genuinely curious rather than concerned. Dumbledore wondered if Voldemort.

"Yes. Molly Weasley is to give birth to twins," Voldemort said. This was definitely news to Dumbledore. "The first will be beautiful, smart and very well liked. The second will be hated and put in the shadows because of her sister. Her sister will hate her the most out of everyone."

"Why are you telling me this, My Lord?" Snape asked, Dumbledore wondered the same thing. What was so important about this?

"You didn't let me finish," Voldemort said annoyed. "All the hate the second twin will get will only will cause her to hate everyone back. Now you see, why would she want to be on their side when they hate her and she can be on ours?"

"I understand. But this plan makes no sense. May I remind you that you plan on killing those filthy blood traitors before those twins grow up? And what about Harry Potter?" Snape questioned.

"So you haven't heard?" A new voice spoke. The wheels in Dumbledores brain turned, but he could seem to put a face to the voice.

"Heard what?" Snape said with hatred crystal clear in his voice.

"Voldemort will not succeed in killing Harry." Snape gasped in disbelief. "He will be destroyed to almost nothing. But he will come back. When is unsure—"

"Unsure? You're supposed to know everything, aren't you!" Snape shouted annoyed. "My Lord, do you really believe him?"

"Yes Severus, I do," Voldemort said.

Dumbledore had never been more confused in his life. Who could Voldemort possible trust this much that he believed something like this? Normally if someone tried to tell him that he wouldn't succeed he would kill them and try to prove them wrong. This was strange. Very strange, indeed.

"But aren't you going to do something to stop it?" Snape asked his master.

"Prophecy cannot be changed," Voldemort spoke oddly calmly.

"So why keep fighting? Why not just give up now?" Snape sounded just as confused as Dumbledore was.

"Have you become soft, Severus?" The unknown voice said.

"Never." Dumbledore could just imagine Snape smirking. "So, My Lord, why do you think we need this Weasley girl on our side?"

Suddenly Dumbledore was distracted by a snake that was slowly slithering towards him. Nagini, for sure. But for some reason Dumbledore wouldn't move. After what felt like hours but really was only a matter of seconds, Nagini left.

"That, I cannot—" Voldemort suddenly paused. "What is it Nagini?"

That's when Dumbledore knew it was time to apparate.