2.

Luna's POV

I sit down in an empty booth with a burrito on my tray. I'm so excited to eat this. Alison, who ended up getting a very specific burrito bowl, sits beside me and Emily shuffles into her seat across from us with her food.

We ended up going to the small and colorful burrito shop across the street from school. I chose this place because I really wanted to satisfy the burrito craving that I've been having lately. Plus, their playlist here always rocks. Thankfully they both agreed to eat here.

"I'm glad we could hang out tonight! I wish Angela and Karen could've been here but it's a Thursday night.. can't blame them for having a lot of homework," I try to get a conversation started before taking my first bite.

"Yeah, well I do too. You're lucky my ride home is away right now!" Emily responds in a joking way making us laugh. Alison and I share a quick glance, knowing what we want to talk about.

"Where did you say you're going tomorrow?" Emily asks me before we could start interrogating her about Adrian joining the Blue Devils.

"LA. To visit my sister in college. I'll be back Monday though," I take a bite of my burrito. I'm not excited for the six hour drive, but it'll be worth it. I can't wait to see her, I'm still not used to being an only child at home. I love my parents but it can get really dry when there's no one that understands the references of One Direction and latest viral videos I make during dinner.

"But forget about me, Adrian and the Blue Devils aye?" I smirk and raise my eyebrows as I bluntly hint at Emily hoping she'll tell us more about her brother's audition. I look beside me to see Alison grinning and I'm pleased that I'm not the only one who's curious.

"Let me guess. You told Alison already," Emily gives me her signature wide eye stare exposing her blue iris. I accidentally let out a giggle and nod knowing she won't actually care too much.

"Knew it," she says to me, "but yeah, he drove all the way over to Concord for the audition." She looks down at her watch, "He should be driving home by now. You know, I don't understand what's so fascinating about Drum Corps though. It's just a bunch of band geeks blasting through their horns and running around the field!"

My jaw drops and I put my hand on my heart for dramatic effect. Half jokingly, but I still take offence of her being ignorant and disrespectful towards something that I love and spend hours watching on YouTube. Alison and I look at each other at the same time trying to comprehend if Emily really just said that.

"Have you even seen them!? Their full sound and their sharp drill moves! It's breathtaking! How could you not be impressed?" Alison asks with a lot of passion drawn from her confusion towards Emily's opinion.

We've talked about DCI before, but I didn't know Alison liked them this much. I laugh a little at her outburst. Not because I want to make fun of her but because I can really relate.

"YEAH! and how hot they look in their uniform!" I stop Emily from answering her.

Alison's POV

"Oh my god. YES!! Imagine how smokin' hot Adrian's going to look in the Blue Devils uniform!"

Shit. Did I just say that out loud? AHH! I'm so stupid. I freeze and quickly cover my mouth but it's too late. I look away from them but I can just sense their stares and feel my cheeks becoming red.

Maybe if I act cool and pretend that just didn't slip out of my mouth, they won't question me about it.

"Ew! That's my brother you're talking about!" Emily calls me out, almost yelling. Her face morphed into a disgusted expression, obviously repulsed by Luna's and my fangirling. At this point Luna is laughing uncontrollably. This is so embarrassing but I can't seem to hide my smile.

Is it just me, or is it really hot in here?

Right when I try to apologize, Luna looks at me with her hands on the table after finally calming down and says, "I can't believe I haven't thought of that yet, this is so exciting! Adrian's going to look soo good in that uniform." She shrieks without a care that she is in public.

I can't seem to control myself. The image of Adrian in black bibbers and the signature blue top floods into my mind. As soon as I see Emily roll her eyes shaking her head but with an accepting smile, I grab Luna's arm and scream with her.

We stop when a few glares from the booth beside our's reminds us that we're still inside this fast food restaurant, which I don't even know the name of.

Adrian's POV

After my name was called, I walked into a room where five people were seated, each with a computer and my portfolio in front of them. I study each and every one of them as I walk over to stand in the center of the room. I recognized the man sitting in the center.

David Gibbs.

Director and Alumni of this incredible band. Just to be able to stand in front of him was an honor.

"Hi Adrian Lawrence. Thank you for being here today, go ahead and begin with the warm up scales, then play your piece. After that we will hand you what we would like you to sight read," said the lady on the end, who I assumed was one of the managers. Her kindness helped relieve some of the tension that was in that room.

With my eyes shut, I quickly rolled my shoulders, cracked my neck, and took a deep breathe before I began.

I played the scales exactly the way I have been perfecting them for the last three months.

Next, I played the piece of my choice.

Carnival of Venice: Trumpet solo, arranged by Allen Vizzutti.

It was probably unusual to use for a marching band audition. I noticed the way the judges glanced at each other when I began to play it.

But I knew that was the only song that can fully present my range and note accuracy on trumpet.

I squeezed my eyes shut and hit the high D without a fracture in the note. Relief swept over me.

After I sight read their piece, I silently stood there for what felt like eternity while the five of them whispered amongst each other.

"Congratulations Adrian," David Gibbs finally spoke. "We are all very impressed with your talent and we cannot wait to see you at the first rehearsal." A huge smile crept over my face. He was impressed with MY talent.

"Thank you so much sir," I tried to keep my professionalism.

By the time I got home it was already about 7 pm. I was starving.

I walked straight to the kitchen where thankfully, Mom was preparing dinner.

"Hey Mom, I'm home!" I playfully creeped up on her.

"Adrian! I didn't hear you walk in." She said, surprised. "I'm guessing from the smile it went well?"

"I did it. It was pretty nerve wracking but I played just like how I've been practicing and I got accepted to join them. I'm so excited for band camp to begin."

"Aw Honey, I'm so proud of you," She said as she gave me a big hug and a kiss on the cheek.

Mom then called in Dad and Emily for dinner and they all congratulated me as she broke the news to them, not letting me be the one to tell them. She seemed to be more excited about this than anyone. But I can't complain, I'm so incredibly lucky to have a family that supports me in all of this.

Here I am now, laying in bed, trying to relive my audition. I never want to forget what the moment of getting accepted into the Blue Devils felt like. I cannot believe that I'm going to be marching with the Blue Devils by next summer.

I can't wait to tell Vincent the news. He's been my best friend since I can remember and he knows how important this has been for me. I can already picture how thrilled he'll be for me.

This excitement is going to keep me up all night.