Prologue

PLEASE READ THIS AUTHOR'S NOTE** (2018, I will write the year the A/N is from, or approximate the note if it is an old note)

Welcome! I want to clarify a few things before you begin reading. 

1. This story was written when I was around 15. I am going to go through and polish it a bit but I am not a serious author and do not expect perfection from myself.

2. A lot of logistics probably don't make sense, at least not at first, so keep reading and if you get all the way through and still don't understand, just ask me! But again, I was 15. Taxes and real estate were (and honestly still kind of are) not very familiar topics. It is fiction. Let me pretend the world is nice and dandy. But as for her emotional reactions to the things that happen to her, I have been through things too and have friends who have been through them. Even if that is not how you think someone would act/react, remember trauma is handled differently by everyone.

3. She is an oblivious character but also remember werewolves are not real, and it really wouldn't be the first conclusion you jump to. She also has a lot of emotional and psychological growth throughout, so if she is unreasonable at times remember we can all be that way!

4. This story includes abuse and assault, and starts off abruptly. I am warning you now.

Sunny is on the side

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 I tried to shove him off me, but my meager one-hundred pound body was no match for his muscular two hundred and ten pounds. He groped whatever he could, moaning as he rubbed himself against me in a sick and twisted way. But this wasn't new to me.

I threw elbows and tried whatever I could, but he had me pinned down good this time. I finally screamed out my brother's name, and Ross simply shoved his lips against mine to silence me.

His hand reached for the zipper of my jeans and I began to thrash more violently than before, putting everything I had into the fight. I felt tears stream down my face, and I almost gave up.

Until I saw him. My hero. Anthony. My brother put a finger to his lip to show me that I needed to be quiet. I stopped thrashing and my step father pulled off both my pants and underwear, leaving me exposed and distressed.

He was about to do the worst thing he could to me when my brother picked up my vase and hit it over my stepfather's head. I gasped and Anthony said, "Quick, get dressed and grab anything you can. He will only be out for twenty, thirty minutes tops."

I struggled but I managed to pull my jeans and underwear up, having no time to think about the events that just took place. I scrambled to throw a few outfits, some normal necessities, all the money I owned, and almost everything valuable in the suitcase. I stuffed purses and backpacks and whatever I could.

Though, as hard as I tried, I couldn't stop the tears that leaked. Being violated like that had me shaken up.

We shoved everything into Anthony's car, which luckily was an SUV. I ran in and grabbed Mittens, my kitty, and some of her stuff. I was about to run out, Anthony panicking and telling me to hurry, when I ran to my mother's bedroom and grabbed two things.

First, my grandmother's necklace. It meant the world to me.

Second, the real diamond necklace Ross bought for her. It cost him more than the three story house.

I then dashed back out to the car, jumping in and putting on my seat belt saying, "Go go go!"

He did something with the gear and all of the sudden we were screeching backwards. Literally screeching. At least he left tire marks on Ross's perfect new driveway.