[ 01 ]

Chapter one
Pilot

"The Monsters turned out to be just trees"

•••••
Dear, Diary
On the contrary, being able to say that you're happy is an understatement of actually feeling it. Don't get me wrong ; feeling it must be great. But then you forget about everything around you and what horrible occurences must be going on in the world and then you lose that feeling of joy you were feeling from the start. Of course you feel blessed just in that moment realizing you haven't gotten any worries but that then again doesn't change the fact that those horrible things still happen. No? Just me?

••••

As Samantha Wills low cut black converse grizzled against the gravel road she walked, leading up to the Beacon Hills food market/ gas station she felt the strange feeling run down her spine once again. She'd been in Beacon Hills no more than two days and even she could tell something was wrong, even though there hadn't occured anything that really was suspicious in Sam's opinion. Not anything she knew of.

Even then, she had experienced this feeling more than once.

She pulled her dark blue flannel further down her wrist to try and cover her freezing hands. Even though California is quite the warm state, at night ; it was freezing. Especially if you were only wearing a black top with only a flannel over it.
The gorgeous stars scattering across the night sky were glistering in the moonlight. It was a full moon tonight.
Beautiful, she thought.

Nearing the entrance of the small grocery store, Sam shuffled in her black backpack after her credit card walking through gas holders towards the door. Feeling the familiar chaped object in her fingertips she pulled the yellow money filled card out and shoved it in her jean's pocket and placed her hand on the door handle.

As the metal handle and her cold fingertips came in contact ; she got the dreaded feeling of Somebody standing behind her. It was as if she could make out the silhouette of the person without her eyes having to be anywhere near the person.

Her gaze moved up from the ground until they landed on the glass door. She watched as the reflection looking back at her was a pair of cold crystal blue eyes looking back at her in an alluring matter together with curiosity.

His clothes were ripped and dirt crusted with Deep dark stains covering his once white collared shirt and black costume. In Sam's words ; it looked like he had rosen from the dead. Little did she know that her her theori was about to become reality.

Sam's breath became heavier as fear traced her body. She's usually not scared easily but with the thought of her being alone and with a dead looking Stranger standing behind her in a gas station where no one could hear her cry, scared was an understatement.

"It's just a dream, Sam"
The terrified Sixteen year old tried to convince herself. The man in her opinion seemed as if though he was too dead - looking to be alive and real.

Her breath caught in her throat as a whimper of fear escaped her mouth. With courage and refusall of believing this was real, the brunette slowly turned around with her eyes shut trying to calm herself down. As she stands there for a second she slowly parted her eyelids ; revealing the still standing Peter Hale.

"But, Samantha. This is real" Peter broke the silence, placing the back of his hand gently on her rose cheek, caressing her soft cheek with his thumb. Sam gasps once his hand came in contact with her cold cheek with a terrified feeling curling up in her stomach. How would he have known? She thought in fear.