Part 1

"You wanted to see me?" Connie nodded as she looked about the room avoiding his gaze. "Yeah come in."  She pushed her chair away from the desk and stood up wandering towards her cabinet. "Close the door... I er, I just didn't want anyone seeing this."

Jacob watched as Connie poured two glasses and passed one to him. "I thought we should have a toast, to Flo."  His eyes met with hers as he sighed knowing how much this had got to her. "Yeah of course. To Flo."

Connie looked across at him before speaking. "And Brendan."  She drank her drink as Jacob looked across at her confused. "What? He came... She was right all along."  Connie nodded as she put her glass back down on her desk.

"What did he say?"  Connie let go of a breath trying to keep her emotions back. "Everything you'd imagine he would-" "You should have called me. We could have told him together."

Connie shrugged as she forced a small smile but he could see through it all. She dropped her eyes to the desk as she started to finally crack, everything taking its toll on her. "We got it so wrong today didn't we?"  Jacob could hear the pain in her voice as she spoke and it hurt him to know she was feeling like this.

He put his glass down on the desk before stepping closer to her and placing a hand on her arm. "I know... I know."  He gently rubbed his hand across her arm trying to comfort her as she placed hers on top of it.

Why'd he care so much. He always tried to back her whenever he could, nobody had ever done that for her. Jacob stepped closer as Connie held onto his hand.

In recent weeks they seemed to be getting closer to one another. Connie couldn't deny that she had thought about Jacob, in fact she thought about him all the time. He made his feelings obvious but she kept hers hidden until now.

Connie bought his hand up to cup her cheek for a moment before she turned her head pressing her lips to it gently. Jacob watched her slightly shocked at her actions. When her eyes fell to his again he didn't pull them away.

She dropped his hand moving hers to his cheeks. She ran her thumb across his skin before her lips pressed to his gently and she pulled back. Her eyes looked back to his as his hands dropped down to her waist.

Jacob leant closer to her and pushed his lips against hers gently once more. They parted before Connie placed a hand behind his neck and kissed him properly. Jacob reciprocated as she deepened the kiss, her hold on him not loosening at any point.

She felt his arms wrap around her waist pulling her even closer to his chest. Connie savoured the moment not wanting to part from him.

When they finally broke apart Jacob kept his arms around her waist. She dropped her hands to rest on his arms as she looked up at him. "You okay?" Connie nodded before she dropped her head to his chest tears forming in her eyes.

"Lonely people Jacob. 7 billion people in the world and they can't find anyone." Connie kept her head resting against his chest as she took a steadying deep breath. "There's someone for everyone out there, you just gotta take time and find them sweet cheeks."

Connie remained quiet as Jacob continued to run his hand up and down her back in a soothing motion. "Talk to me sweet cheeks, what's got to you?" When she didn't speak Jacob placed a hand under her chin lifting her head to look at him.

"I dismissed her all because I'm not open to the idea of really being in love with someone. I ignored everything she said, everything she knew because I've never had that." The tears that had been building slowly rolled down her cheeks once again. "Hey, where's that strong boss of mine gone? Hmm..." He brushed her hair back from her face as she sighed shaking her head.

"I can't be that person, I can't keep going like things don't affect me-" "We don't expect you to sweet cheeks... But let us in, let me in." Connie watched as Jacob pressed his lips against hers again. She'd kissed a lot of colleagues, it wasn't something she was proud of it but it was the truth. Yet this, this felt different to her.

Jacob parted from her before kissing the top of her head and moving his arms from her waist. He held onto her hands and gave a small smile. "You gonna be okay now sweet cheeks?" Connie took another breath before nodding. "I'll be fine, go you've got better things to be doing with you're life."

He smiled as she dropped her hands and started to step away. "Thank you, for today." Jacob nodded with a small warm smile. "Anything for you."

Connie tilted her head to the side trying to relieve the dull aching beginning to radiate through her. She put the two glasses away in her cabinet again before sitting at her desk.

Her office door opened again to show Jacob after having got his things. "What-" "You didn't really think I was going to leave and let you stay here until God knows what hour did you?" Connie looked up as he walked around the desk to her.

"Come on..." He took her hands as she shook her head. "No Jacob I'm fi-" "Come on, I'm not taking no for an answer Queen B." He pulled her up from her chair before passing her her coat.

She rolled her eyes taking it from him and putting it on. She picked up her bag and turned the lights off before wandering outside with Jacob.

"Now go home and get some rest, please?" Connie smiled as he stopped beside her car. "See you tomorrow sweet cheeks." He kissed the top of her head once again before walking away, her eyes following him until he was out of sight. What was she letting herself in for?