Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Standing there, looking into the cascading brambles, I waited for death to come. I tried to keep my thoughts on my family, my friends...the people I cared for and would miss deeply. Would they find me somewhere, buried in a ditch. The minutes passed but there was nothing. No sharp pain, just the cold beath against my skin. I was to scared to move, scared not to look.
The whole wood was silent, as if almost waiting, as if every creature was on edge. The only noise that could be heard was the sound of his breathing behind me. It was almost drowned out through by the sound of my heartbeat. Not that he could hear that.

What was he doing?
Was he trying to scare me to death?

Well nothing was going to scare me now. That was it, I wasnt going to die. I refuse to die.
Just as I was about to turn and fight he spoke.

"Hello my beautiful Sophia."

His voice shattered the silence. It was like honey, to sweet and sickly to be good for you. It made my whole body go so ridged with fear I was unsure if I would ever be able to move again. It shoved all thoughts out of my head and changed all the confidence I was feeling to a cold, dead fear.

I knew that voice, but my mind was so muddled that I didnt know were from. Slowly, I took a deep breath, collected the thoughts that scattered my brain and turned to face him. I had never been so scared in all my life.When I finished turning and was facing him directly, my heart shuddered.

It was him...

The boy with the eyes like deep oak. He stood there, so close to me, closer than I had thought. Our noses almost touched and our breath mingled to become one. I could smell the woodsy scent that radiated off of him...just like the first time we had met.
Thats when the detail flooded into my slight memories. How we had first met and the main reason I had not stopped running.