Chapter 7

Chapter 7

The day I had I spent with my parents, not wanting to leave their side. Holding back tears the entire day was so hard, my body felt like it was going to explode with all that I was holding back from them. The day went so fast that before I knew it the sun was setting and that meant he would be here soon. I sat by the window and watched the sun go down. Memorising the explosion of Scarlett's, oranges and yellows as they collided with the ground. I took in the breath taking sky and wondered if I would ever see it again. The sun vanished from the sky and was replaced by the moon. It was almost time.
I went back over to where my parents were sat on the sofa, watching a film and sat in the middle. I rested my head on my mums shoulder and went through my short life. He wouldn't kill me. I chose to be trapped. I didn't know where, but I knew the only thing that would keep me sane would be all the good things in my life and the memories they had imprinted on me.
My family, my friends, Jess...even Tom in some aspects had made me who I am today.
When he came for me I would not go without a fuss...that's when I came up with the plan. I would write a note telling my parents everything and that I was gone because I was taken. I would not give up and they would find me.
As the movie ended my parents both announced they were going to bed. I nodded and hugged them both hard telling them I loved them.
"See you in the morning baby." My mum said with a smile kissing me on the forehead.
"See you soon, I love you." Holding my breath to stop the tears.
"I love you too." She said with a smile as she walked up the stairs.
I didn't know how long I would have before he arrived and grabbed a pen and my mums work diary which were on the side in the kitchen. I wrote everything. About the party, about last night, about what he had said. I told them to find me. That Jessie had seen him and that I loved them all so much.
I then put the diary back where I found it and the tears poured down my cheeks. I let myself cry in hope I would be strong for when he turned up. I walked back in the living room to sit and wait but there he was, sat on the sofa. Looking so relaxed as if he was not here to kidnap me from my life.
"Are you ready?" He said almost absently, as if this was something normal people did.
"No! If you ever think I could be ready you are sadly mistaken. what you are and what you are doing is wrong! If you think I could ever come quietly then you are delusional!" He turned towards me, a look of amusement on his smug face. Slowly he stood and I tried not to flinch. He laughed, it was beautiful and haunting all at once. He was laughing at me, the crazy thing is I almost relaxed in that moment he laughed. Looking so care free and I faltered. It was a second of weakness and my worst mistake. He took a step towards me and I took off running.