nayinK

1. What is your favorite setting for a story?

Home. I used different places (beaches, restos, malls, schools, etc.) as settings of my stories but no story of mine would be complete without many scenes at home. Be it drama, romance, fantasy or any genre, a home is a place where the heart of any story could be found because it is also the place where family and friends show their love.

2. What is your favorite characteristic in a female character?

I love witty and strong female characters. Those women who are amusing and funny that they can lift the moods of the other characters and those who can stand multiple times despite of all the sufferings the world would give. Because a woman (for me) is one, emotionally unstable but would still smile and give joy to others and two, brave at all times–when crying or when truly happy.

3. What is your favorite characteristic in a male character?

Intelligent and understanding. (Parang characteristic of your ideal man lang! Haha!) For me, men should understand women always. Girls are moody but they have reasons. This is not just for couples. I am also talking about a father to his children, a brother to his girl siblings or a guy to his girl best friend. And because of so many instances in my life, I believe that men are more intelligent than women in all aspects. An intelligent male character is someone to look up to.

4. If you could only have one book to read for the rest of your life, which one would it be?

Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling. All the seven books! Because HP always bringsme to a magical world with lessons about everything.

5. If you could be any character in literature, who would you want to be?

I want to be Amanda Bartolome of Dekada '70 by Lualhati Bautista. I don't want to experience Martial Law but I want to be as strong as her. I salute her character for being so strong, for facing all the challenges her family had encountered, for expressing herself and what she wants, for being a great mother and wife.

6. If you could have dinner with any writer, living or dead, who would it be?

I'd like to have a dinner with Mitchell David "Mitch" Albom because his books always touch my heart. And I want to ask him personally where to find inspiration to write such great works with so many life lessons. His books are as amazing as he is.

7. Where would you take them to dinner and what would you order?

InPalawan! I could imagine us talking while having a great view of the blue sky,green trees and blue-green sea waters. Peaceful!

8. If you could write from anywhere, where would the most ideal spot be?

I'd like to write on a café. The smell of coffee, chocolates and sweets gives me warmth and peace.

9. Who is your favorite character in literature?

Harry James Potter from J.K. Rowling's Harry Potter and Katniss Everdeen from Suzanne Collins' The Hunger Games because they are both heroes of their own story.

10. What is your favorite name for a female and male character?

I have to choose from my own because I really really like these two: Jesuszane Albert from my Labing Isang Daliri and Sir Damian Anthony "Dame" Salazar from my My Accountancy Problem.