ilurvbooks - Kim Villanueva

1. What is your favorite setting for a story?

I write contemporary stories. Stories that can happen to real people, situations that anyone can face once in their lives. Someday, I'd like to write a dystopian novel. I know it's difficult, because you have to create something out of nothing. But I'm sure it'll be fun! I enjoy reading futuristic novels, so I'll probably have the time of my life when I write one!

2. What is your favorite characteristic in a female character?

I like an independent female character who can stand on her own, who doesn't need a man to protect her. It's better when she's someone girls can relate to, and someone they can look up to.

3. What is your favorite characteristic in a male character?

A male character should be a good listener. I like someone whose entire concentration is on the person who's talking. It says everything about him.

Most girls are talker, so it's a must for a guy to focus his attention on the girl. And it's sweet when a guy does that, when he's too absorbed to be distracted by anything else.

4. If you could only have one book to read for the rest of your life, which one would it be?

I will never get tired of rereading The Little Prince. It's a classic book with a wonderful story. When I read it, it still feels like the first time.

5. If you could be any character in literature, who would you want to be?

I'd like to be Georgie McCool (Landline) simply because I want my own Neal! Hahaha!

And of course, I want to have a magic telephone ;)

6. If you could have dinner with any writer, living or dead, who would it be?

If I could have a dinner with any writer, I'd choose Rainbow Rowell. I've read all her novels, and she's amazing. She's so good with words, and tugging at her readers' heartstrings. We'll never run out of things to talk about!

7. Where would you take them to dinner and what would you order?

I'd take Rainbow Rowell to Kalui restaurant in Puerto Princesa City, Palawan. It's such a beautiful place, and the ambiance is just perfect. They also have paintings inside the restaurant. I would order seafood because it's their specialty.

8. If you could write from anywhere, where would the most ideal spot be?

If I could pick a place to write, I'd choose Paris. Since I was a high school student, I've dreamed of going there. Wouldn't it be amazing to write in cafes and museums, and under the Eiffel Tower? The place screams inspiration. I'm sure I'll get ideas from the culture, the people, and the history of the lovely sights. I'd also like to visit Point Zero (Notre Dame), the center of Paris.

9. Who is your favorite character in literature?

My favorite character in literature is Clarissa Fray from The Mortal Instruments Series. She's awesome! She's brave, loyal, a great friend, and a responsible daughter. She was reckless most of the time, but she was not afraid to get hurt for the people she loved.

10. What is your favorite name for a female and male character?

My favorite names are Lara Jean Song, and Peter Kavinsky from To All the Boys I've Loved Before.

Their names are so perfect for their personalities.