Evan?

What? She growled. Someone's in a bad mood.

Have you talked to Tobias in a while? I could practically feel her excitement bubble up as Christian was entered into our conversation.

Yes. Why?

Does he know what's going on?

Oh yeah, he said that Christian is being too stubborn and he's sleeping in his office and-

No! I mean about the rogues. Does Christian know anything about the rogues that I don't know?

Oh. Well...

Evan, I urged. She's my wolf! She's supposed to tell me everything!

I will, okay! So, he found out the rogues are now surrounding our land, but they still don't have enough numbers to fight.

Something in her voice was off. She's hiding something, something Christian doesn't want me to know. Well, now I need to know.

What are you hiding? I asked her.

Nothing, Came her reply. Her voice, even though it was inside my head, was very cautious and hesitant. What in the name of the moon goddess is going on now!

Evan!

Alright! She snapped. Christian is planning on wiping out the entire eastern border tomorrow night. He is already preparing most of the warriors to fight.

What?

Now I know I can't sleep. Agitated and annoyed, I threw the covers back and marched out of the empty bedroom. My feet took me down the stairs and to the office, only to find it emptier than a pie platter on Thanksgiving.

Christian! I yelled in my head.

Alena stop! Evan cried. I wasn't supposed to tell you!

Christian Bade if you don't answer me I will march into those woods right now!

Stop! came the deep voice in my head. Soothing chills ran across my body. I haven't heard that voice in a while, and it kinda felt good after subconsciously wanting to see him.

Get in your office right now! I yelled in his head.

I'm busy, Alena. He said, now sounding as if he were annoyed.

So help me to the moon goddess, get your ass in here or I'll drag you in myself!

I said I'm busy.

Now I'm extremely annoyed. I need to talk about one thing and what does this idiot do? Brush me off like I'm nothing but a pup to him. Well, new flash, alpha, I'm your stinking luna!

Busy doing what? Prepping an army to take down the eastern border? Yeah, I know about that, so get your ass in here and explain to me what the hell is going on!

Alright, alright. Just wait a second.

No, get over here now!

Alena! You will not talk to me like that! I am coming right now so don't stick a finger up your ass!

Smirking, I rested my back against the desk and crossed my arms, waiting for an angry alpha. I knew I got to him. Good, I need to get in his head to get all the stupid answers.

The door slammed open, and a thundering Christian waited in the doorway. His expression, if not anything, was terrifying. It almost made me rethink what I was doing here, but, if you knew me well, you'd know I'm not one to back down.