2 | ❝papa original❞

Start from the beginning

Elena quickly shook her head, straightening her back. "No. I'm fine, come on. Again." She agreed getting in her fighting stance, a wooden stake in her hand. Elena went to attack me, but she was predictable, leaving herself open the whole time.

I moved out the way, gripping her wrist tightly turning her around I put her in a whole hold, ready to snap her neck.

"You're very slow." I told letting her go, she frowned.

"You're a vampire over a hundred years old." She exclaimed in her defense for being a bad fighter. "Yeah, I'm sure that's why." I purse my lips.

Elena went over to get her water bottle as I walked over to Damon and Alaric, who were still talking about the cave.   "The ghost of Christmas past, Mason Lockwood, said that the cave would lead us to a weapon that could kill Klaus." Damon claimed.

"Yeah, but doesn't Mikael have the weapon? And isn't he the vampire hunter. Hello! We are vampires!" I waved my hands gesturing to Damon and myself. It would be stupid of us to get in a hunters way, especially one like Mikael.

"Which probably means the wall will lead us to Mikael, who we've already found and lost." Damon recalled. "These images might tell us what that weapon is." Alaric reported.

"Then all we have to do is find out what they mean." Elena confirmed.

"Thank you, Nancy Drew." Sarcasm dripped off my words, "But how do we do that?"

Elena sighed, her hand lifting to entangle her hair. "Well, if the story is about the original family living here, then we go straight to the source..."

"Rebekah."

_____

I walk up to Rebekah in my gym clothes as I stood next to her stretching, She stopped her stretches narrowing her eyes at me. "Lydia, what are you doing here? I don't recall you trying out for the team."

"Well I wanted to workout with you, Bekah." I smirk.

Rebekah stopped for a moment hesitating before speaking, still not convinced my intentions were pure, "And what about last week when you said for me to stop acting as if I'm your bestfriend? That we weren't?"

"I was joking. And in a mood. C'mon Beks... no hard feeling."

Rebekah smiled when I gave her the nickname, "If I remember correctly you hated the nickname Beks." I furrow my eyebrows. When have I ever said that? I barely know the girl, I talked to her twice. And right now I'm just acting to see if she would spill the information. She saw my confused face and her smile fell, "I have to go." She went to turn around but saw Elena, "You. Goody."

"I was hoping we could talk." "About what? Stefan? Don't worry I'm off him until he treats me better. In fact, you should probably take a page out of my book, if I'm being honest." She remarked.

Elena denied, "Actually I rather talk about this." She held up a printed out photo of Rebekah's name from the cave. I look at Rebekah waiting for an answer also, she seemed shocked. "I'm curious why you and Klaus have spent a thousand years running from your father."

Rebekah looked flustered and fearful,

"I should get back to the girls, homecoming is right around the corner. See you, Lydia." She quickly left, "Well then maybe we'll ask Mikael when we wake him." Elena threatened, she turned around "You're buffing. And you Lydia- you wouldn't dare wake him. You know what he's capable of!" I kept my expression blank although she was confusing me."I would." I crossed my arms. "You don't know where he is." Rebekah added still not believing us.