I understand.

(an: this ones longer than i thought it would be, oops!!)

(12:20 pm)

Matt: Hey, I was wondering if you would like to come over for lunch today? Only if you want to, of course.

Nate: Sure! I don't have anything else going on today,  why not. I'll be over at.. 1:00?

Matt: That's a okay time for me, see you then. : )

(12:30 , nobodys POV)

Matt shuffled around in the closet, digging through his shirts, looking for something decent to wear. "Would it be weird to wear a button up shirt...? Maybe if I wear a t-shirt underneath and just don't button it.." Matt mumbled.

Needless to say, Matt was unbelievably apprehensive, he was finally going to tell Nate how he honestly felt. Throwing on a gray t-shirt and a red button up shirt over it, Matt walked out into the living room and sighed. Hearing a ring from his phone, Matt rushed to answer it, realizing it was Nate.

"Hey man, what do you need?" Matt said, trying to hide the anxiety in his voice.

"Oh, I'm gonna be a bit early, actually! I needed to pick up something from the store and I thought it would take me longer, but I ended up getting done way quicker than I thought I would."

Matt sighed silently, relieved that the pizza he had ordered a few hours ago had arrived when it did.

"That's fine!" Matt chuckled, trying to re-assure Nate that it was okay he was coming early.

"Ill be there soon! See ya!"

Nate had hung up quicker than Matt could give a response, he seemed just as nervous. Matt adjusted his shirt, before going to set the table.

(12:50)

Nate pulled into Matt's driveway, hesitant to get out of the car. Nate was extremely nervous, he always was an awkward guy, and was never good with these kinds of things. But it was just lunch with a friend, nothing to be afraid of, after all. Nate eventually worked up the courage to haul himself out of the car, walk up to the door, and give it a... not so firm knock. Nate heard a few footsteps, then nothing. Waiting a few seconds, before Matt swung open the door, smiling that unbelievably cute smile.

"C'mon in!" Matt said joyfully, slightly moving out of the way for Nate.

Nate nodded once, stepping into the house, admiring the table that Matt had set up for the two. "Wow.. very fancy for just lunch." Nate giggled jokingly.

Matt scratched the back of his head, laughing, flustered. "Well, I just thought it would be nice...

Nate took a step forward, before Matt put his hand lightly on his back. "Hey, there's pizza on the kitchen counter, go ahead and grab a piece or two, I-I have to use the restroom, I'll be back in a minute!" Matt announced, walking towards the bathroom down the hall.

Nate nodded, watching Matt walk away, before sighing and walking to the kitchen. "Of course.." Nate giggled, spotting the diet coke sitting next to the pizza box. Walking up to the counter, Nate grabbed a paper plate and a slice of pizza, before walking back out to the table that Matt had so nicely set up, and sitting down. Nate waited a few minutes, slowly tapping his foot, picking at the piece of pizza he had chosen. "Where is that fool..?" Nate said, laughing to himself.

Starting to get worried, Nate stood up from the table, walking towards the bathroom, ready to give the bathroom door a knock, before he heard Matt talking  to himself.

(Nate's POV)

I had walked to the bathroom, reached my hand out to knock on the door.. but I heard Matt's nervous voice. It just seemed like he was talking to himself, right-

"There's something important I want to talk to you about, Nate." I heard Matt say, confidently.  I pressed myself up against the wall, listening closely.

"I've been thinking about this for awhile and.. I've been meaning to say it for awhile.. But.. Uh.. I've been having ... ... Roman-Romantic feelings, towards you.." I heard him mumble something angrily under his breath.

Needless to say, I was shocked, but.. I couldn't help but know that in the back of my mind.. I felt the same.

"I-...I can do this." Matt said, heaving a sigh right after. I quickly but silently speed walked back to the table, sitting down right as I heard the bathroom door open.

Matt walked out of the bathroom, trying to discreetly hide his blush, but I knew it was there anyway. "Geez man, you were in there for quite awhile!" Why did I say that.

Matt giggled, what a cute laugh.. "Y-yeaahhh.. y'know." He joked, sitting down across from me.

I bit into my pizza, trying to ease the awkwardness. "Y'not gonna eat?" I can't believe I just spoke with food in my mouth...

He smiled, "Nah, I made the mistake of eating before you arrived."

I nodded, resting my arms on the table. We both sat there for a moment, just enjoying eachother's presence, before.. Matt began speaking. "Hey ... There's something I want to talk about.. Nate."

Oh boy here we go.

"Ye-yeah man, go ahead!" I chuckled, trying to play dumb.

Matt dawdled for a moment, twiddling his thumbs nervously. "Re-recently.. I've.. been having some feelings... ..." He swallowed, clearly terrified. "Fee-Feelings that I really should have talked to you about a.. a long long time ago."

Matt looked up from his lap, making direct eye contact with me. "R... ... ... Romantic feelings.. to be exact."

I swallowed. I examined every inch of Matt.

His hair, I love it.
His eyes, I love them.
His mouth, what a surprise, I love it.
His body, I love all of it.

I love this man, I know I do.

I stood up.

Matt stood up, he almost looked.. afraid.

"Listen, I-I understand if you're mad.." Matt exclaimed.

I walked around the table.

"I understand if you think I'm ridiculous."

I stood in front of him.

"I.. I understand.."

I kissed him.

Snap. Like a puzzle piece finding its missing piece. Finally, I knew where I was supposed to be. I was meant to spend my life with him, Matthew Patrick himself.

I pulled away from the kiss, looking deep into Matt's watering eyes.

"I love you." I whispered, smirking.

Matt smiled the biggest smile I've ever seen him smile. His face lit up like a lightbulb, before wrapping his arms around my neck, tapping his feet excitedly.

"You're adorable.." I heard Matt mumble.

I smiled hugely. "I'm free on Saturday."

Matt started cracking up, laughing the oh-so glorious dolphin laughter, I was sure  to never forget.