Everything For You (Okamura Kenichi x Reader)

Start from the beginning

"I know you," he replied almost immediately in a low voice, cool and controlled. "I know every single thing about you."

The air that surrounded you both suddenly became heavy to breathe. Kenichi was looking at you intently, as if studying your reaction. You couldn't say a word. It seemed like you had a fatal flaw for that serious expression on his handsome face.

And as you stood there unmoving, he showed you a gentle smile. You instinctively shrinked away from him, bewildered. "W-What is it?"

"Do you think I care if people get the wrong idea about us?"

"You don't?" you asked, stunned.

"You're mine, and I came here to get you." His words and seductive undertones caught you off guard. "So I don't give a damn about anything and anybody else."

Listening to his insane words, you swallowed your breath. More than surprise, confusion ate you up from the insides. Your mind couldn't keep up. He would always act as though you'd known each other for a very long time, and now he was talking as if he had been waiting for this moment all his life.

Was there something you needed to know?

He raised a hand, placing his long fingers under your chin to tilt your head slightly upwards. The sudden touch made your body stiffen into shock. "You still haven't realized it yet, do you, [Nickname]-chan?"

"[Nickname]-chan? What are you---" You cut yourself off with a loud gasp as memories came flooding into your mind. His eyes that seemed to easily see through you were now looking at you earnestly, waiting for you to say something. "O-Okamura-kun...?"

"Took you long enough," he whispered with a small grin.

Dumbfounded, you couldn't find the right words to say. "B-But..."

"Have I become so much different from before?"

Yes. He became so much different from before.

There wasn't any trace left of the Okamura Kenichi you once knew. You couldn't believe it. The gap was just too great you found yourself doubting even your own sanity for a moment. The Okamura standing in front of you now was very, very different from the Okamura you rejected and had unintentionally hurt ten years ago.

"You... What happened to you?"

"After you rejected my confession, I became so obssesed with changing my appearance. I've undergone a plastic surgery years ago." A bitter smile slanted his lips after saying that, but it disappeared so quickly as he continued, "I worked hard to become the person I am now for you, to show to you that I am a man who deserves you."

Okamura Kenichi was now a dashing, handsome bachelor. A brilliant asset to the company. There were talks about him being chased by sophisticated women too. And now he was saying he became what he was now for you?

Totally unbelievable.

He could have just chosen to be with another girl and forget about you, right? After all, the rejection he received from you had caused him so much pain.

Stifling the growing hotness behind your eyeballs, you looked straight at him. "You can't do this to yourself, Okamura-kun. I hurt you before, I'm not worthy of you anymore."

Time had slowed to a standstill when he slowly wrapped his arms around you, pulling you in for a tight embrace. Then he patted your head in an attempt, perhaps, to comfort you. "You were everything to me before, so I chose not to give up. I refused to let my feelings get the best of me and strove hard to become successful until the day I see you again."

Your mind went blank as his feelings were perfectly conveyed to you. But you couldn't say anything. You just couldn't seem to find the words needed.

Could love really change a person this much?

"The real fight is just starting, [Name]." Kenichi peered at your face, smiling confidently. "I want to be engraved in your heart until you can't live without me. I'll make you love me as much as I love you."

A sweet numbness swept over your body as you listened to his confident words. His voice was huskier than usual, but you knew he was sincere.

You gave him a soft smile, wiping the tears that had somewhat blurred your sight. "You're such a big idiot, Okamura Kenichi."

"For what? For loving you this much?" He pulled you forward and planted a small kiss on your forehead. "What can I do? You're the only girl for me."

The feel of his lips against your skin sent warmth spiraling through your whole body, melting your heart right on the spot. His words were syrupy-sweet in your ears, as though shutting down your senses.

"But hey," he suddenly said, a hint of mischief dancing in his eyes. "At least I'm a handsome idiot now, right?"

--------------

A/N: Okay, fam. I'm ready to dodge anything you throw at me LOLOOL