Chapter 11

About a month passed, and no one ever heard from Ashley again. Arielle was torn between missing her mom, and yet being glad that she had left. It meant no more stressful fights, which she was happy about.

Zac and Kate had in fact done everything they could for Christopher, who was now living with them. He was having a hard time adjusting to the changes, with his mom now out of the picture. He missed her more than anything, and wished she would come back for him. On more than one occasion, Arielle had to have a talk with him about his acting out, as he kept causing trouble.

She was now in her fourth month of her pregnancy, and just starting to show a bit. The father of her baby was still unknown, and the only way of knowing who it was, had taken off when she contacted him for a DNA test. But that didn't stop her from deciding to have the baby.

Natalie and Taylor had finally found a new home, and everyone was helping them to move in.

" Arielle, can you take this box and take it into the kitchen? Natalie is starting to unpack so she can fix up some lunch for everyone." Diana held a box out to her.

" Sure." She took the box, and headed into the kitchen with it. " What are we having for lunch? I am starving." She asked Natalie, as she set it down.

" I was thinking of something easy, like grilled cheese sandwhiches and tomato soup. Does that sound okay?" Natalie opened the box up, and started pulling out pots and pans.

" Sounds great to me." Arielle gave her a little smile. " Thanks for beeing cool about all this, Natalie. I know it's been hard accepting me in your life, but you've been pretty great."

" Your welcome." Natalie smiled back. " I think there is one or two more boxes of kitchen stuff. Can you..."

" Yeah. I'll go grab them." Arielle interrupted her, and walked out of the room as Zac came in with a box.

" There is one more, then we are just grabbing pretty much anything." He told her.

" She nodded, and stepped outside. She saw Christopher trying to shoot some hoops, even with the moving truck and everything in the driveway, instead of helping. With a roll of her eyes, she caught the ball when he missed the basket and looked at him. " We are not playing around right now, Christopher. There is plenty more you can do to help."

" I don't want to help. I want to play some basketball." He complained.

" Well, I don't care what you want. The more you help, the sooner we can get done. Now stop playing and grab something." She told him, setting the ball down and grabbing the last box of kitchen stuff from the moving truck.

Diana was in the truck, grabbing a box of stuff herself. She turned to look at her, and smiled. " I think you are going to be a great mother, Arielle. I can already tell."

" I don't know about that. Christopher barely listens to me." Arielle watched him grab only a bag full of cook books, and go into the house with it. " i'm worried about him, grandma. " She looked back at her with a sigh.

" He is just struggling because your mom left him behind, honey. He will be okay though."

" I hope so." She went back into the house with the last box of kitchen stuff, passing by her dad as he came out to grab something more.

_________________________________________________________

Once they were finished helping his brother move into his new home, Zac and kate took their kids and Christopher clothes shopping. It was mostly Junia who needed new stuff, but they decided to get a few things for the other two as well. It wasn't easy however when it came to Christopher.