Chapter 12 - Dead Angels

It was morning and I was still stuck in Klaus' room, I had spent most of the night fuming because I couldn't get out and I was starving. I needed blood and I needed it now.

I was sitting on the bed when I saw Klaus approach. He was carrying a suitcase and he was on his way to see Cami. She had called him and offered him a trade - her Dark Objects for the White Oak.

"Hm," I tilited my head. "How did you manage to fit all of Cami's Dark Objects into that small suitcase? Oh, wait . . . they don't."

Klaus sighed before putting the suitcase down and walking closer. He couldn't pass the barrier, so he stopped in front of the doorway.

"Nina--" He started before I cut him off.

"How long are you gonna keep me in here?" I asked, standing and walking over to the door.

"However long it takes," he answered.

I crossed my arms. "You think trapping me in your room and starving me is gonna what? Force me to talk about my feelings?"

"I had no intention of starving you," he replied. "Perhaps I should consider it, given your recent behaviour."

"Klaus!" I took a step forward, angrily and collided with the barrier that divided us.

"Nina, you are not yourself. You killed three people yesterday and you attacked Hayley!"

I rolled my eyes. "Why are you giving me such a hard time about this? It's nothing I haven't done before! You know that I've killed people!"

"Yes, witches and werewolves!" Klaus replied. "Not humans!"

I let out an exasperated groan. "And as for Hayley, it's not the first time I've attacked her. In fact, I almost killed her. Ten months ago. She would be dead right now if you hadn't cursed the pack."

Klaus eyes widen slightly, not in surprise at the fact that I almost killed my former best friend, but in shock at how blatant I was being about it. 

"Why do you even care?" I asked. "You don't even like Hayley!"

"I care about you!" He yelled, almost pleading. "I care because I know you are hurting and I'm trying to help you!"

I looked into his eyes, my demeanour gentle. "If you really want to help me, then let me out."

Klaus stared at me for a few moments before taking a step back and shaking his head.

"I'm sorry, love, but I can't do that. Not yet."

He then picked up the suitcase with Cami's Dark Objects inside and turned his back on me before walking away.

I scowled as I banged my fists against the barrier. "Klaus! KLAUS!!!"

~*~*~

I was lying back on Klaus' bed bored out of my mind and starving, he had gone to see Cami and Elijah and Hayley were downstairs. So, I decided to eavesdrop on them.

"Okay, so what's the plan? Cami's out there with the White Oak and we've got a starving and angry hybrid magically trapped upstairs. Nina and I may not be friends right now, but I'm not gonna lose one more person I care about and I won't let her lose any more family."

"Niklaus can handle Camille," Elijah told her. "Until then, I'll keep Aya distracted."

I felt my jaw clench at the mention of her name. That bitch is the reason Jackson, Hayley and I got kidnapped . . .