Taste

Last part here you guys, sorry it took so long.

To Louis’ utter amazement, Thursday went much like Wednesday did, with Harry glued to his side whenever he had any free time or when his friends weren’t pulling him away. He even took to texting Louis a couple of times during the day when they were in separate lessons.

Louis spent most of the day with his stomach fluttering and his cheeks glowing.

Harry finds him in his corridor. It’s their last period of the day and Louis has a free lesson.

“Hey Lou” Harry greets him with a hand on his shoulder.

Louis looks up from his book, lips immediately pulling into a smile. It’s a bit embarrassing that he can never not smile when he sees Harry, it makes him feel a bit more like his eleven year old sister than any seventeen year old guy should.

“Hi Harry” he answers shyly, flicking his fringe off his face.

“Have I told you that I really like your glasses?” Harry asks him as he makes himself comfortable in front of Louis.

“Thanks” Louis says, looking down to hide his small smile along with the colouring of his cheeks.

“So what are you doing?”

Louis shrugs, self-consciously showing him the cover of his book.

“Is it good?”

Louis wrinkles his nose.

“That bad?” Harry laughs, and Louis can’t help but laugh along.

He nods though, because it’s true, “Lottie recommended it to me”

“Your little sister?”

“Yes” Louis answers smiling because Harry remembers, “it’s a bit more girly and dramatic than I’d like”

Harry laughs, it’s easy to make him laugh.

“That’s probably because she’s an eleven year old girl”

Louis smiles, agreeing “probably”

“So” Harry starts and Louis looks at him, noticing for the first time that Harry is fidgeting; not much, but he is playing with his finger and worrying his bottom lip, and that’s enough to tell Louis that something’s wrong.

“What is it Haz?” Is something wrong?”

He wonders nervously if this is some kind of break up scene for friends, wonders if Harry is finally bored of him like he knew he would be. Suddenly he’s the one fidgeting.

“No, no” Harry says quickly, “there’s nothing wrong. I was just wondering if you’d come somewhere with me”

Louis tilts his head curiously, “where?”

“Just to the music department? Maybe?” Louis’ never heard Harry sound so unsure, a hopeful expression on his endearing face that makes Louis want to say yes immediately.

“Why?” he asks instead, hesitant.

Harry shrugs, “no reason, I just thought, you know, I could play you something”

Louis looks at Harry surprised. He’s so tempted he literally has to press his lips together to stop himself from agreeing.

“Will there – are you meeting your friends there?”