10. "Let's Hate on Dwayne"

Start from the beginning

"Really?"

"Yeah." I sat down on the couch. "Put on Gatsby, will you?"

"Why did she do all of those things to you?" Bryce asked instead. "And why were you with her again?"

I glanced between the two of them, unrelenting expressions on their faces. Sighing, I summed up my day yesterday and all that happened with Faith.

"Why would you keep touching her like that, man?" Cam asked.

"I didn't mean to!" I exclaimed. "I just-" I didn't understand it. I couldn't explain it. "The first time, in her car, I sort of got carried away, sort of started it on purpose."

"That makes no sense."

I ignored Cam. "The second time, it started off as a joke. But I got carried away. She wasn't mad at first, but I messed up trying to explain it to her. And then, she helped me get out of the car. But didn't let go of me afterward. And I just wanted her close to me again." I shook my head, thinking about the events of yesterday. Something was so wrong with me.

"Lusting after a girl is normal, you know."

I shot him a glare. "I'm not lusting after her. I don't even like her. I need to get back at her."

Cam rolled his eyes. "Whatever you say."

"If you need help, I'm in," Bryce said. "We haven't pranked anyone in a while."

I grinned at him. "Thanks, bro." I fell back on the couch, thinking. I wanted to get back at Faith. Even if all she'd done was stamp my foot.

My thoughts went back to yesterday. She'd tricked me yesterday and I fell for it. We were making progress before I messed up. Again.

I told her she was beautiful and I still felt like slapping myself for that. Even though she hadn't reacted to that. I could remember the flashes of anger in her eyes, the way she'd shriveled up in silence after the washroom incident, the happiness on her face when she'd gotten back at me. I wanted to see her again.

I sat up straight as the thought occurred to me. It was fucked up. It didn't make any sense. But it was the truth. I was already coming up with a plan.

"Come on," I said to the boys who looked at me like I'd lost my mind.

"Where to?" Cam asked.

"The movie theater." I grinned.

"Why?"

My grin widened. "I'm going to get back at Faith."

I thought Cam and Bryce would be up for it. Bryce had, after all, volunteered just a while ago. But they had a problem with the fact that I was doing it tonight, while Nate was on a date with her.

It took several minutes of reasoning with them - explaining that the date would be over by then - for them to pick their butts off the couch and follow me to my car. I guess they agreed only because they suspected I might go back to my moody self, which was nice. Even better - I would see Faith again which I had to admit was the driving force behind me crashing my cousin's date.

Hopefully, Nate would forgive me.

I spent the ride to the theater weighing the pros and cons of what I was going to do. For once. Only because it would risk upsetting Nate. Eventually, I figured losing Nate over Faith Ellis wasn't what I wanted.

When I didn't get out of the car, Cam asked, "Did you just come here to stalk her? Because that's a little messed up, man. Girls don't like that kinda shit."