“Greer…”

“Don’t you lie to me, Reece,” he said.  “I know what I saw.”

I swallowed hard.  “Don’t tell Kole, please!” I said.  “He doesn’t need to know that we used to date a few years back and are dating now.”

Greer’s eyes widened and I gasped at what I just said.

“You guys have date before?” he asked. 

I closed my eyes and smacked my forehead.  How stupid could I be?  “God, you weren’t supposed to know that!” I said.  I sighed and looked back at him.  “Please just don’t say anything to Kole.  Or Mom and Dad.  They know about before but I don’t want them to know about now, okay?”

Greer looked at me for a long moment before a sly smile spread across his face.  “You sneaky little thing,” he said.  “How long did you two date before?”

I winced.  He probably wouldn’t like this.  “Half of his junior year and all of his senior year,” I said.

His mouth dropped open.  “Oh, my God, Reece!  You dated him when you were in junior high?!”

“Greer, will you shut up?  Mom and Dad will hear you!”

“But still.  Reece!” he said.  “That’s just so…”

“Wrong, disgusting?” I said.  “I don’t care what you think about it now.  I love him and he loves me.”

Greer shook his head.  “Kole’s going to freak when he finds out you used to date his best friend and are dating him again,” he said.

“Kole is not going to find out that Kane and I were together then and are together now.  And neither are Mom and Dad.  Got that?”

“Mom’s not going to find out what?” Mom asked, walking in from the living room. 

“Nothing,” I said quickly.  She raised one eyebrow and I knew she knew I was lying. 

I walked by her and kissed her on her cheek before running upstairs. 

The next day when I woke up, I couldn’t help but smile. 

Yeah, I knew I was probably going to be a little tired today but I didn’t care.  Kane and I had talked on the phone about anything and everything until almost one in the morning.  I had to keep quiet so no one heard me talking to him. 

When I got to school, I knew that Caroline and Emma could see something different about me when I walked up to my locker and opened it, smiling. 

“So,” Caroline said.  “Why in such a happy mood?”

“Oh, no reason,” I said, smiling at her.

Emma rolled her eyes.  “Come on, Reece.  You’re looking happier than I’ve ever seen you before.”

I just shrugged and closed my locker.  “I’ll see you guys later!” I said happily.

A pretty big fact didn’t hit me until a few minutes later when the final bell rang for first class and Kane walked in the door.

I was officially dating my teacher. 

Oh.  My.  God.

I bit the inside of my lip as Kane walked toward his desk and grabbed a stack of papers off of it.

“Alright, class,” he said, and started handing out the papers to the first person on each row.  “Pop quiz.”

Everyone groaned as they passed them back to the person behind them.  Once Kane passed them all out, he looked around the room and his eyes found mine…and widened. 

Apparently he forgot I was his girlfriend and his student. 

I dropped my eyes to my paper and tried to answer the questions.  I know I wrote stuff down but I don’t know if I got them right or not. 

When the quiz was over, Kane cut the lights and turned on the television.  Great, a movie day.  At least I didn’t have to listen to his sexy voice for an hour.  

Five minutes before class ended, he turned back on the lights and turned off the television.  Everyone was stretching in their seats from sleeping through the movie. 

“Alright, here are you quizzes back.  I’ve already graded them,” Kane said as he started to walk around, putting everyone’s quizzes face down on their desks. 

When he put mine down, I flipped it over to find a red A on the top right corner but there was also a sticky note on it that read ‘See me after class’.  I closed my eyes and my heart started to pound.  He probably wanted to talk about us, how student/teacher relationships weren’t to be tolerated at school.  

When the bell rang, I stayed in my seat while everyone else walked out of the classroom.  Kane was standing by the door as they walked out and, once the last person passed through, he shut and locked the door. 

I looked up at him just as he turned to look at me.  Standing up, I grabbed my bag and headed for the front of the room.

“What did you need?” I asked quietly.  “If it’s about you and me…”

He put his hands on my face then and pulled me to him before I could finish my sentence.  As he pressed his lips to mine, I melted into him.  I had to wrap my arms around his waist just to keep from falling. 

A few moments later, we pulled apart and he rested his forehead against mine.

“Well, I wasn’t expecting that,” I said, quietly. 

Kane laughed as he wrapped his arms around me.  “What were you expecting?” he asked.

I swallowed hard and closed my eyes.  “I thought that you were going to say that we shouldn’t be doing this.  Because you’re my teacher and I’m your student.  That it was wrong…”

He shook his head as he leaned back to look at me.  “I just got you back, Reece.  I’m not letting this get between us.  You’ve only got a few more months until you graduate.  We’ll just have to be careful.”

“You mean you still want to be with me?” I asked incredulously.  “Even though you could get in a load of trouble for dating one of your students?”

Kane reached up and brushed his thumb across my cheek.  “I’d do anything for you, Reece.  I love you so much,” he said.  “I don’t care about what the consequences were to be if we got caught.  Just as long as I have you I’ll be happy.”

I bit the inside of my lip to keep from smiling but it really didn’t help.  “Thanks,” I said.  “I needed to hear that.”

“Anytime,” he said, and leaned down to give me a quick kiss.  He let go of me then and pushed me back.  “Now, get to class or I’ll have to give you detention.”

I snorted.  “And if you gave me detention, Mr. Jackson, I’d have to find a way to get out of it,” I said, looking up at him through my lashes seductively. 

He just laughed.  “Go on,” he said, turning me around and smacking my ass as he shoved me lightly. 

I smiled and headed for the door.  But right before I opened it, I turned back toward Kane and smiled at him.  “I love you,” I said. 

He smiled back.  “You’ve been saying that a lot,” he said jokingly.

I winked at him.  “You’d better get used to it.  I’m practically going to be saying it to you every time I see you,” I said. 

Kane walked toward me and gave me another kiss.  “Love you, too,” he said quietly.

“I know,” I said.

***Yeah, yeah.  I know.  Short and kind of boring.  Oh, well!  I've got to have some filler chapters in here somewhere.  It'll start getting better ("What?" you're probably thinking.  "It's going to get better?!  How is that possible?!?"  Haha!!!1) here in the next few chapters, promise!

Comment, Vote, Like!!!1***